Residency Visa application costs from around the world?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I've become a little obsessed with this Residency Visa application, and costs are starting to mount up. I would like to ask those applying what your costs have been, and for what?

If it is not rude to ask this.:D

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I see no reason to create a new thread and so will tag it onto this one.

Is the medical for first time residency, whether permanent or provisional done at a certain location for all, and is their a standard cost for this?
If so how much?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
About $7500.00 so far and counting....ad another $450.00 for a parking ticket today so by the time I get back to DR for the second time it will have cost me $10k including flights meals lodging and entertainment of course.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
30 euros for the papers/per person. All done online and with the help of friends in Belgium to get them apostiled.

Wow Mike! Guess you will need your Presidente when you come back :)

Acira

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
About $7500.00 so far and counting....ad another $450.00 for a parking ticket today so by the time I get back to DR for the second time it will have cost me $10k including flights meals lodging and entertainment of course.

Mike,

Could you please be more specific... Does the 10K include the bribes for getting your papers of good conduct? And the whole cow you are stuffing in your luggage? JUST JOKING!!!

As Acira said, we paid 30 euro each for the apostilles. The papers themselves were for free, and international including Spanish. My parents are sending them, and this will cost us around 15$. In total, the visa will have costed each of us around 400$, including the laywerfees. Not included the trip from the NC to SD, and probably a stay at a hotel the next time.

BelgianK

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012

I thought I was paying alot.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I am afraid I cannot open the spreadsheet my lawyer send me anymore. The file is apparently corrupted.

If I remember correctly the price for the medical is fixed and is around 6,500 rds. It was still unclear whether you need it for the visa or the actual residency.

BelgianK

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Your lawyer must be practically working for free if the final price will be $400 and your medical is $170. Appostille ?30 each of which there is usually 2 each ($70) birth certificate and criminal background (or can you get a waver on this for some reason?)

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
The medical is not included in the price for the visa. That does not matter, if i need it for the visa, I will have it for the residency as well.

We needed a birthcertificate and criminal background apostilled. 15 euro for each document.

BelgianK

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
If I remember correctly the price for the medical is fixed and is around 6,500 rds. It was still unclear whether you need it for the visa or the actual residency.

I had to obtain a Medical Certificate of good health only at the US side, I understand that when I go to Immigration in SDQ there will be another medical exam (blood, urine, xray) that is completely separate from the VISA side.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I was quoted 4,500 RD$ for the medical...

Could be, I could not open the spreadsheet anymore, so was just trying to remember. I only know it is a fixed price, which I do not have to pay my lawyer, but have to pay where it takes place...

BelgianK