Dominican woman with a Visa

shizzle06

Jul 10, 2011
ok first off this website has great information. I have learned everything there is to know about Dominican woman in DR. whatever I didn't learn here I learned growing up in NYC. Well I met a Dominican woman who lives in St Kitts and has a Visa, has a job and her kids are grown. she frequently travels to NYC.

My question is what could her mindset be towards americans since she already has her Visa and doesn't need one. She has a job and her own money.

Does what I wrote make any sense? I am used to worrying about being used for passage to the US. Since that isn't an obstacle are there any others things to be aware of?

Dec 26, 2011
ok first off this website has great information. I have learned everything there is to know about Dominican woman in DR. whatever I didn't learn here I learned growing up in NYC. Well I met a Dominican woman who lives in St Kitts and has a Visa, has a job and her kids are grown. she frequently travels to NYC.

My question is what could her mindset be towards americans since she already has her Visa and doesn't need one. She has a job and her own money.

Does what I wrote make any sense? I am used to worrying about being used for passage to the US. Since that isn't an obstacle are there any others things to be aware of?

Maybe she thinks you're the shizzle. You ARE the shizzle, aren't you?

Dec 26, 2011
lol, its just a screen name

It wasn't given to you. You picked it, right? ;)

If you enjoy her company and you don't suffer from a pervasive feeling of being taken advantage of in any way just relax and be good to her. A lot of Dominican girls have had very hard lives and you may have found one that appreciates something better. Good luck. Trust your instincts and you'll be fine.

shizzle06

Jul 10, 2011
that's the course I was taking. just being me. I just don;t know much on Visa's and green cards.

thanks for the info.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
It's always a good idea to never let your guard down. Better to be a little paranoid than naive.
You see, for many dominicans, the visa is just the first step. Their real goal is to LIVE in NYC. Why? beats me, always has.
Many have family or friends that will provide a place to live, some don't. And those who don't still try to find their way around.
So you came here asking for some perspective, and I'm just trying to give it to you. Maybe that's not what she's after, maybe it is. Maybe neither I nor you will ever know.

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009

I have dated about 8 or 9 dominican women with visas. I live in NYC and it is full of Dominicans. They have the same type of opportunistic mindset that you often see on the island. But it is bigger. Instead of asking for money to pay a light bill or buy food or something, they will want an expensive car, a laptop, a new iphone or smart phone and so on. They want a man with real money and not just enough for them to survive on. That is just fro my experiences anyway.

Dec 26, 2011
I have dated about 8 or 9 dominican women with visas. I live in NYC and it is full of Dominicans. They have the same type of opportunistic mindset that you often see on the island. But it is bigger. Instead of asking for money to pay a light bill or buy food or something, they will want an expensive car, a laptop, a new iphone or smart phone and so on. They want a man with real money and not just enough for them to survive on. That is just fro my experiences anyway.

8 or 9? And they were all equally bad? Why not stop at #4 or #5 then. :)

To the OP:

The reason I can't be so critical, mah shizzle, is the experience I had with my ex-wife. She was hard-working and never pressured me for material things. I worked hard and we enjoyed a lot of good together but nothing extravagant and she never complained that it wasn't enough. It was the low self-esteem and emotional unavailability that a lot of the very beautiful Dominican women born into poverty have that eventually ended the marriage, or rather my inability to cope with it. But she was a good person and I have NO regrets about the almost fifteen years I spent with her and the wonderful son we raised together.

The best protection is knowing who you are, more than who they are.

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
8 or 9? And they were all equally bad? Why not stop at #4 or #5 then. :)

They were flings, they were not serious relationships. They were right after my divorce and I needed time to be a tigre for a few months. Now, I have been in a serious relationship for the past year though.