need advice on selling my condo

nycgirl

Jul 12, 2004
I own my condo free and clear in santo domingo, and I have a girl renting one of the rooms (it is a two bedroom) and I am going to sell it to her. We will be working it it out where she will pay me roughly 20% down and make payments over a ten year period to me( as if I were the bank). My question is where do I find a lawyer to do the needed paper work. I assume I will still be holding the title until it is paid?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Fabio Guzman has an office in Santo Domingo.

You most certainly want to hold onto the title until you are paid in full.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I own my condo free and clear in santo domingo, and I have a girl renting one of the rooms (it is a two bedroom) and I am going to sell it to her. We will be working it it out where she will pay me roughly 20% down and make payments over a ten year period to me( as if I were the bank). My question is where do I find a lawyer to do the needed paper work. I assume I will still be holding the title until it is paid?

Make sure its set up as "mortgage take back" that way when she defaults after a few years you can get it back.. :eek:gre:

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
You will not be holding the title likely it will be held by the lawyer who convey it to the girl when she pays in full

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Get a second estimate from Guido Perdomo too with century one Realestate. Guidoperdomo@yahoo.com I believe BOTH LAWYERS mentioned have been around a LONG time . guido usually has held the title until the terms are met and then the final paperwork is done .

Last edited:

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
It is not so much I am recommending him as he has a Lot of experience and since his brother has multiple offices throughout the Island ,he is capable of drawing up a condo in SD ! my point really was recommending her to get a couple of estimates !!!!! In this country and every country that exists Get a min. Of two quotes! She asked for help

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
For Guzman's Santo Domingo office:

Ernesto de la Maza #35, Mirador Norte, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
Tel: (809) 255-0980
Fax: (809) 255-0940
E-mail: info@drlawyer.com

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
It's important to make sure you do not actually have a contract with a mortgage that is registered with the government. If you do, you will have to pay a hefty tax AND trying to actually recover the property even on a failed mortgage is excruciatingly difficult. Keep it a private agreement between you and the other party yet follow the above advice to get an exceptional attorney to help you...personally I wouldn't do it with anyone other than Guzman Ariza.