Reviews on Casa Valeria in Sosua?

sanluisdavid

May 18, 2012
How is this hotel and restaurant? Looking for a relatively inexpensive place to go for my first time in Sosua. I will be traveling with my wife and 3 month old baby and don't want to be in a place where people will be freaking out if the baby is crying a little. And want to be within walking distance to a decent beach. I read it was near Playa Alicia which is pretty nice.

Mar 2, 2008
freaking out about crying babies? not on this island!!

I await reviews on this establishment myself...

I'm sorry I can not address the original question regarding crying babies. I'm unsure of what the hotel's clientele will be like during your visit. However, I can recommend the hotel in general terms. Several of my friends have stayed there, and they have enjoyed the ambiance, location, and service.

From what I have heard, they are reasonably priced and the rooms are clean, although perhaps a tad small.

Another option might be El Rancho Hotel. It is closer to Playa Alicia, within easy walking distance (maybe just 100 meters away), and it is also very nice and clean.

Another option would be Casa Marina, which is located right on the beach. Casa Marina might be the best option for young children. It is perhaps more family oriented than the other two.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
The food at Casa Valeria is very good and priced right. My wife and I eat there a few times a month and we live in POP. I have not stayed in their hotel. As for Casa Marina we know lots of people that have stayed there. They tell us the food is not all that good nor is it hot. The big pool was dirty but it is in the middle of lots of places to walk to. Also other companys that have had contracts with Casa Marina have decided not to renew them.

Charlie Tuna

Dec 2, 2011
How is this hotel and restaurant? Looking for a relatively inexpensive place to go for my first time in Sosua. I will be traveling with my wife and 3 month old baby and don't want to be in a place where people will be freaking out if the baby is crying a little. And want to be within walking distance to a decent beach. I read it was near Playa Alicia which is pretty nice.

Hi,

I stayed on December last for a few days. Its about $50 a night for a quite small queen bed nice gardens and small pool. The clientele is a mixture and the restaurant reasonable and close to playa alicia. However for you and your partner and baby i think you will find the rooms too small. Plus I had problems with bugs biting me a lot. I think this is not quite what you are looking for plus the owner is a bit of a fake IMO! All he really cares about is money not your quality of stay.

I think you would find Sosua by the Sea close in price range, good location, no guys and local girls, near a quite pretty beach and much more suitable rooms in terms of size.

Enjoy your stay, i am flying down this day week and cant wait

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Hi,

I stayed on December last for a few days. Its about $50 a night for a quite small queen bed nice gardens and small pool. The clientele is a mixture and the restaurant reasonable and close to playa alicia. However for you and your partner and baby i think you will find the rooms too small. Plus I had problems with bugs biting me a lot. I think this is not quite what you are looking for plus the owner is a bit of a fake IMO! All he really cares about is money not your quality of stay.

I think you would find Sosua by the Sea close in price range, good location, no guys and local girls, near a quite pretty beach and much more suitable rooms in terms of size.

Bug infestation in the room or Dominican bugs in general? You should specify. It seemed like a pretty clean place to me.

I was only there once and I think I do remember the room I saw being on the small side, but isn't the courtyard/pool area shaded nicely? Who's going to stay inside anyways?

To the OP, Casa Vaeria is not very far from Sosua Beach also. Easy walking distance. Playa Alicia is nice, has a new little park overlooking it, Waterfront resturant right there overlooking the beach.

Good luck with your trip.

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
Casa Valeria is a very nice little hotel and is my preferred place to stay.

The size of the rooms has never been a issue for me. I have found the owners and staff to be exceptionally friendly and accomodating.

The garden/pool area has some mosquitoes since the garden area is so lush but the mosquitoes have never been a problem for me...maybe Barcelo content of my blood is toxic to them.

The hotel in general is a nice quiet place with clean accomodations, great staff, fully equipped rooms all at a very nice price.