Liquidation store in cabarete??

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Anyone know if the liquidation store in Cabarete is still there? If so, where? Also, what kind of things do they sell?

Thanks to all in advance.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
There's a place near the beach that does great smoothies. Banana and strawberry is my favourite!

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
There is no liquidation store , only a business that occasionally has liquidation sales of furniture , but not especially great prices

May 29, 2006
I think the OP is referring to the second story place that had beach tourist trap items at discount prices. I have no idea if it's still in business, but there wasn't much there that had any quality at all.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Last time I was there (4 months ago or more) it was half its former size and still had the same junk for "sale". Not worth the effort to make a trip to shop there.

Bob K

Aug 21, 2007
If you live here, you might see the stock at the liquidation store as junk. It is the same stuff the vendors sell on the beach. Inexpensive jewelry. Shirts. Artwork. Cigars. Wood carvings. Etc. Tourists love it. Those who wish to take home a trinket to give as a souvenir find the Liquidation Store has just what they want at the right price, with no need for negotiation or fear of being taken advantage of.

I know that I have taken guests to the Liquidation Store on several occasions. They always make purchases and seem happy with what they buy.

I, personally, would never buy anything there, but I live here and have no need for that stuff. However, I won't verbally trash the store, as for others, it has exactly what they want.

Lindsey

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
If you live here, you might see the stock at the liquidation store as junk. It is the same stuff the vendors sell on the beach. Inexpensive jewelry. Shirts. Artwork. Cigars. Wood carvings. Etc. Tourists love it. Those who wish to take home a trinket to give as a souvenir find the Liquidation Store has just what they want at the right price, with no need for negotiation or fear of being taken advantage of.

I know that I have taken guests to the Liquidation Store on several occasions. They always make purchases and seem happy with what they buy.

I, personally, would never buy anything there, but I live here and have no need for that stuff. However, I won't verbally trash the store, as for others, it has exactly what they want.

Lindsey

haha, now its looking like a place I could get stuff for all the people I have to bring trinkets back for. So, Lindsey, where is this place??

Aug 21, 2007
haha, now its looking like a place I could get stuff for all the people I have to bring trinkets back for. So, Lindsey, where is this place??

Heading into Cabarete, going east, it is on the right.....somewhere around the area of Jose O'Shay's. It is not on street level, but rather up a set of stairs. There are other gift shops below it, on the street level.

Lindsey

torrock

Jun 5, 2006
We usually check it out whenever we're in Cabarete just to see what they have. Sometimes they have a few neat items that you never see again. Cheap prices. The easiest way to find it is to look for the 2 story building with a pointed roof, once you think you found it, look for the stairs going up (and I think there's a sign out front that says "liquidation")

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
The beach venders buy some of their stuff there. Across from O'shey's. Just down from BON. For stuff to take home, it's great. If you want to decorate a condo cheap, it's you place. Sometimes they have great things, other times??