So, where do I go??

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Anybody know where I can get good poutine in Sosua?? I don`t expect to have one of my poutine attacks.........But......;)

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
i noticed there was a french bar offering 'poutine' on sosua beach...just what is poutine?? Any connection with putas? ;)

It's actually a dish made of french fries,cheese and gravy.No connection to putas.:)

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
It's all about the cheese curds. They have it in Maine in the US. It's big in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick too. Nice comfort food.

Yes,it's different from the American where the melted cheese is poured over the french fries and smothered in gravy.
The cheese curd is what makes the dish.

Dec 26, 2011
05poutine.jpg

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Apparently Kahuna's in Cabarete has "authentic" quebec cheese in their poutine,.. although it is like 13$ for a plate of it so I haven't even tried it yet.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
It's all about the cheese curds. They have it in Maine in the US. It's big in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick too. Nice comfort food.

Was in Maine last week. Old Orchard Beach. Great lobsters at 5 bucks a pound for the big ones. Frogs all over the place but did not see pouline on a menu. Only saw a herd of wilderbeast wearing banana hammocks and dental floss eating fried dough corndogs.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Have you tried Yaroa? It's Dominican poutine. Start of with a layer of pork, the one in Sosua uses good quality diced chuleta. Then add a layer of french fries covered in cheese, ketchup and mayo. Heated up in the microwave until the cheese melts.

Costs about 130 pesos and is available from Tony Yaroa, the large van next to the tyre shop Gomacentro Garcia at the first set of traffic lights as you come into Sosua from the East.

it's Dominican comfort food! Lovely, especially after a few presidentes!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I had poutine in a diner type restaurant in Canada about 10 years ago and I recall the feeling of being robbed there as well for french fries with gravy and a little cheese. But I am sure sayanora meant the price was $13 US/CA for poutine at Kahuna's.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Have you tried Yaroa? It's Dominican poutine. Start of with a layer of pork, the one in Sosua uses good quality diced chuleta. Then add a layer of french fries covered in cheese, ketchup and mayo. Heated up in the microwave until the cheese melts.

Costs about 130 pesos and is available from Tony Yaroa, the large van next to the tyre shop Gomacentro Garcia at the first set of traffic lights as you come into Sosua from the East.

it's Dominican comfort food! Lovely, especially after a few presidentes!

sounds really yummy.......going to look for this place.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
I had poutine in a diner type restaurant in Canada about 10 years ago and I recall the feeling of being robbed there as well for french fries with gravy and a little cheese. But I am sure sayanora meant the price was $13 US/CA for poutine at Kahuna's.

Thats hiway robery........should only pay 5-6$ at most and expect to receive enough for 2 people to enjoy. At least that is what we pay here and they are AWESOME