Donovan's reef

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Undiscovered Great Food?.
My wife has been eating every once in a while at Donovan?s Reef in Sosua (on the walkway to Sosua beach behind la Rocha). She kept telling me how fresh and consistently good the food was, but I have never been. Yesterday she brought home one of their daily specials (they change each day depending on the fresh ingredients available) of Sweet & Sour Shrimp and Chicken. I was lucky enough to share and have to say it was very good. I had the two miniature egg rolls that accompanied it as well as some of the large shrimp and fresh vegetables all cooked to order in a wok. I guess I?ll have to order my own next time to get some of the lightly breaded chicken and plenty of rice that was included! All this was only $225 RD

Bob K

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sounds a bit like a Chinese restaurant? Or was that just Chinese special day?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Only the special of the day. Good general food of all varities.

Bob K

gert51

Dec 27, 2004
we eat there most days whilst we on holiday in May this year ,no complaints what so ever, food and company both good , if you go say hello from ken and trudy from the uk
ken had the fish most visits

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Glad he is on vacation. All I intended with this post was to point out a very nice place to get some food that is in a place many don't know about. BTW had their Fish and chips there the other day and it was darn good ($250RD).

Bob K

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Glad to hear there's another good place to eat...but i have to say that walking past on the way to the beach, it doesnt, for some reason, exactly draw me in :(

Not quite as unappealing as the outdoor bar at the top of the street however...

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I go in every now and then to shoot the breeze with linden the ex owner of the British pub, good guy.