Bavaro - cheap lodging for 2 nights for a dominicano

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
I am helping a dominicano look for a job in Bavaro. He is intending to go next week knock on doors for a couple of days. He has at least 1 interview lined up as a chauffeur de autobus. My question is ... where can he crash for a couple of nights and at price - not the price for a gringo in a AI. Thanks

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
If he goes to Acqua down in Bibijagua he might be given a job and accom, split shifts which might give him a little cash and time to look for something more appropriate. Just a thought, money is crap, tips are ok, but he gets time to network and exist rather than be desperate.

Feb 7, 2007
Probably better to go back to Higuey and crash in a smaller hotel there, 200 RT + 500 hotel, he won?t be able to get anything for 700 pesos in Bavaro.

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
I thought I had replied but must have pressed the wrong button. Essentially, I had written:

Thank you all for the suggestions. I especially like the one about getting a temporary job until his networking kicks in.
I am hoping that he will have no problem finding something: he is an excellent driver, keeps his nose clean, great personality and knows how to smooth ruffled feathers. Thanks again.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Last time I asked, the Bavaro Hostel (see Caribmike's link below) was US$20-23 per night.