advice on a lawyer in Santiago

BenDe

Aug 4, 2012
Hello, i'd like to have your opinion...
i have been recommended to a certain lawyer,
Dolly Cabrera from Santiago, would anyone have had
good or bad experience with her services??

I am asking just to make sure before i go too far
with her being my lawyer.

Thanks,
BenDe

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
She is terrific. We use her as well as our clients and friends. You won't go wrong.

Bob K

Jan 17, 2009
She's very nice. I had a fairly good experience but she took ways to long to get my provisional residency, 8 months when it was taken 3-4. I still hired her again to renew it this year as other lawyers I talked to seem quite incompetent. Will see how it goes. She wasn't abroad and had her assistance do the paperwork ;-)

BenDe

Aug 4, 2012
Thank you Bob K and Expat-in-Cabarete~!
i asked to make sure cause she as been refered to me
and i talked to her a bit over the phone and few emails
about my residency.

Again, thanks.

sandk

Sep 20, 2010
We used her as well for both our temporary and permanent residencies. It did take a long time for both, but we chalked it up to the "system" here. We did find that it worked best to check in with her at reasonable intervals (not daily!) to get updates. Most times when we did that, we were told "yes, I was just getting ready to call you". From a knowledge/professionalism standpoint, she is top-notch. And it is nice to know that when you pay someone that much money, you will actually get what you paid for! Good luck and enjoy the interesting process of becoming a Dominican resident!!

peterparker

Sep 5, 2012
Website for Immigration Attorney

Does anyone know if the attorney Dolly Cabrera (in Santiago) has a website?

We used her as well for both our temporary and permanent residencies. It did take a long time for both, but we chalked it up to the "system" here. We did find that it worked best to check in with her at reasonable intervals (not daily!) to get updates. Most times when we did that, we were told "yes, I was just getting ready to call you". From a knowledge/professionalism standpoint, she is top-notch. And it is nice to know that when you pay someone that much money, you will actually get what you paid for! Good luck and enjoy the interesting process of becoming a Dominican resident!!