Where is the cheapest place i can fly out of puerto plata to have ticket out

hawaiintropic

May 16, 2011
Hi,
my airline condor is asking me for return or onward ticket out of the coutry, i don't want to buy one as i want to leave my plans open so where is the chepest place i can fly out of puerto plata to give me a ticket out of the country?
Thanks i'm leaving in 3 weeks to pop.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Do no airlines acknowledge onward tickets to Haiti, $90, or a coach ticket bought online would be even better.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I just checked, Haiti requires a return or onward ticket as well.

Well he is not actually going to use it is he, he just needs to show he is leaving DR to the airline, not sure why they wouldn't accept that, they are covered.

Though there is some stupid reason why this won't be possible, I think.
For the same reason people couldn't just pop across and back to validate foreign drivers licenses every 3 months as they become void.
Cant for the life of me think why, maybe it is fine to do it, but could it be that easy? Doubt it, but worth a look.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Overthinking is hard on the brain...

Answer to the airline:
"Yes, I'm continuing on to Haiti to help the earthquake victims - the cholera and all... here's my bus ticket."

Watch them give you an upgrade......

F class to SDQ.... I'm doing this next time..... freebie heaven:laugh:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
The easiest and cheapest way is a fully refundable ticket to any place.

Are refundable tickets not more expensive to buy? I hear a lot of people speak of this way, but not so many who practice it, for whatever the reason. Whenever I buy tickets there is always a no refund policy on them, because I buy cheap tickets when possible.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
If you don't have money.
Tell me why you want come in R.D. ??
Why you don't travel in your countries ??

A man who is careless with his money is a man who rarely if ever has had to work hard for it.
You can judge as much of a mans wealth by how much he can save, as how much he can spend.
And since when was DR exclusively VIP?:tired:

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
A man who is careless with his money is a man who rarely if ever has had to work hard for it.
You can judge as much of a mans wealth by how much he can save, as how much he can spend.
And since when was DR exclusively VIP?:tired:
OK, I hear what you say but how can you seriously plan a trip to another country without a return ticket? Are you hoping to make the money there???

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Many of these people come in on a one way ticket b/c they don't know when they're going to leave.

They could purchase the R/T and then adjust the return date but that , too , costs money.
Some wo'n t spend - others throw the second half away - go figure.

It takes all kinds:lick:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
you need to make friends with someone who works for the airlines so you can obtain a "buddy pass"

I have a friend who does that.... last year at holiday time , he got bumped for 2 straight days - back to the hotel.
The second time he was already - 5 empty seats....................until a pilot showed up w/ whole family and gobbled them up.

By the time he had paid for the hotels, the price was high.
But like everybody else does, that doesn't count - just the ticket price is important.

He pays about $250 R/T... my December JB flight to Samana was $204 1 way - $400 R/T.
$150 more but I'm guaranteed a seat. Suits me

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
OK, I hear what you say but how can you seriously plan a trip to another country without a return ticket? Are you hoping to make the money there???

It depends on the country, I've lived in DR for years and never had an issue, what is your point. I've never made money out of the DR, but who does, it doesn't stop anyone living in the country, so what's your point?

My point was addressing this guy who tried to bring a financial status into the topic of people being in the country. You don't need to be rich to live in the DR, most aren't, most just have an average living income. I think people who try to bring an elitism into living in DR are arseholes, it is just another country to live in, no big deal. Let people do as they please. I've friends who go back to Norway for a few months every year, then come back, stay as long as they can before going back and earning more to come back and live in DR. Forget you're 9-5 clockwork lifestyle, some people enjoy living a random lifestyle, and if I didn't have a family these days I'd still be doing it myself.