Ola Internet

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
A while back there was some talk about Ola Internet (I think that's the name). They provide wireless internet in the Sosua/Cabarete area. Anyone using them? Any other options besides Comcast, Codetel, or Claro/Orange wireless?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
A last resort is always via satellite.

donP

Well...I can get comcast here, but I liked the sound of Ola's offering..but I remember the owner or representative who posted here gave kind of evasive answers about their service and there weren't any comments from DR1 users.

At least we have one positive response from JessicaRabbit...JR, what is the cost and do you know the download speed you're getting?

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
We heard from a company in cabarete which is supposed to be very good, and cheap.

Their website is tek.com.do but I hope their service is better than their site.

We know somebody who has their 1mb plan, unlimited, and they pay 32us per month.

BelgianK

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
We heard from a company in cabarete which is supposed to be very good, and cheap.

Their website is tek.com.do but I hope their service is better than their site.

We know somebody who has their 1mb plan, unlimited, and they pay 32us per month.

BelgianK

Hmm...there's bad websites and there's sites that are worse than nothing...there is no contact info or information of any kind and none of the links or buttons do anything!

Any idea where their office is or other way of contacting them?

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Hmm...there's bad websites and there's sites that are worse than nothing...there is no contact info or information of any kind and none of the links or buttons do anything!

Any idea where their office is or other way of contacting them?

This is what I got from our friend.

Or you can phone one of their managers (I think) Udo 809-962-4433

BelgianK