Rentals

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
My girl is going to La Vega and Jarbacoa with friends for the weekend and I dont want her using my new vehicle and her car probably not suitable.

Any suggestions for decent used rental cars with friendly renters, not the typical scamming Avis chains please!

Santo Domingo or Bonoa would be suitable pickup drop off points.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
My girl is going to La Vega and Jarbacoa with friends for the weekend and I dont want her using my new vehicle and her car probably not suitable.

Any suggestions for decent used rental cars with friendly renters, not the typical scamming Avis chains please!

Santo Domingo or Bonoa would be suitable pickup drop off points.

So lemme get this straight, you feel comfortable exposing yourself to some fly by nighter used rent a car bidness,

Where you really don't know what is goin on with their vehicles, as far as safety, THE REAL CONDITION OF THE CAR, what you could be accused of (car wasn't like this when it left here)when returning said vehicle....

Instead of going NEW with a chain like Avis, or National?

And taking the full insurance, and covering your AZZ......

OK....

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
So lemme get this straight, you feel comfortable exposing yourself to some fly by nighter used rent a car bidness,

Where you really don't know what is goin on with their vehicles, as far as safety, THE REAL CONDITION OF THE CAR, what you could be accused of (car wasn't like this when it left here)when returning said vehicle....

Instead of going NEW with a chain like Avis, or National?

And taking the full insurance, and covering your AZZ......

OK....

Yes, sounds a lot worse they way you describe it! I guess this is why I asked for recommendations as to avoid some of what you described above. Actually what you described above is what I did and so have others experienced at an Avis... You can put a national brand in the DR but that doesnt mean it wont have the "Dominicanisms" Its all about referrals here-you know that!

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Yes, sounds a lot worse they way you describe it! I guess this is why I asked for recommendations as to avoid some of what you described above. Actually what you described above is what I did and so have others experienced at an Avis... You can put a national brand in the DR but that doesnt mean it wont have the "Dominicanisms" Its all about referrals here-you know that!

Good luck............

Hope it works out,

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
The best car rental company I've come across is 'American car rental' on Indepencia (not American, but a really goody outfit). No excess which is almost unheard of, as long as you get the accident report, or criminal report, very good, new vehicles, good prices, cool staff, will collect you, whatever.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
The best car rental company I've come across is 'American car rental' on Indepencia (not American, but a really goody outfit). No excess which is almost unheard of, as long as you get the accident report, or criminal report, very good, new vehicles, good prices, cool staff, will collect you, whatever.

Good info, i will try it

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
your girl is going with friends
1. do any of them have cars
2. why cant they all chip in for a rental
3. take the bus--no worries

Uhh!! yea, one would never of thought of these options... I think you are a little confused on my question... it wasnt "how can a group of people travel in this country" then your answer may have some value. thanks anyway