Good Real Estate Company in Santiago

turksman

Mar 14, 2005
Hi Guys, can someone tell me the name of a good real estate company in Santiago. I am checking House Rental prices in Santiago. Also can you give me the names of some good safe neighborhoods to live in that is close to bilingual schools (K-12). Thanks!

turksman

Mar 14, 2005
Los Jardines has it all. Location, safety,sanity ...

Wow! Amazing this is not the first time I have heard of Los Jardines. Must be a good area. Would you happen to know what type of price range for house rentals I can find in that area. Looking for a 3-4 bedroom house with enough yard space for my pets. Thanks!

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning, I have learned over the years here that the so called real estate agents here do not work for your best interests because they collude with the owner to keep the price high in order to get a better commission. If it was me I would contact the poster named Hillbilly who is in real life a distinguished University Professor in order to retain him or his son to work for you if they agree or if they recommend anyone. They have lived, owned properties and worked in Las Jardines for over 50 years. He has not authorized me to say this but it is the best choice.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Real Estate in the Dominican Republicis a crap shoot at best.They don't have the same standards that we have here in the USA many friends of mine have dealt with Jerry and his wife and never a complaint. That's good enough for me. And because someone is a University Professor tells me nothing other than he is qualified to teach...........

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have never heard of the Borques...they certainly do not advertise. But that is neither here nor there. Maybe they have helped a few people, but every time they "help" someone, they are going to the bank afterwards, and that is where we are so different.

I would never use a RE agent to buy property. I would go and look around and if I saw something I liked, I would talk to the owners. There is no such thing as an "Exclusive Listing"....

RE agents work for a commission and that presumes more than a passing interest in a higher price.

I do take some offense that you seem to be rather nasty, regarding my ability to help people. You might look around and see just who you are talking about. That was un-called for.

HB

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
RE agents

Good Morning, I have learned over the years here that the so called real estate agents here do not work for your best interests because they collude with the owner to keep the price high in order to get a better commission. If it was me I would contact the poster named Hillbilly who is in real life a distinguished University Professor in order to retain him or his son to work for you if they agree or if they recommend anyone. They have lived, owned properties and worked in Las Jardines for over 50 years. He has not authorized me to say this but it is the best choice.

Isn't this what all agents do everywhere ??? ....work to get the seller the highest/best price ....... why is that a problem.

You know what you can afford and willing to spend - the agents job is find you the best properties that fit your criteria.

In my experience a good agent like a good attorney or accountant is worth their weight in gold and are fully justified in receiving what they earn -

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
I have never heard of the Borques...they certainly do not advertise. But that is neither here nor there. Maybe they have helped a few people, but every time they "help" someone, they are going to the bank afterwards, and that is where we are so different.

I would never use a RE agent to buy property. I would go and look around and if I saw something I liked, I would talk to the owners. There is no such thing as an "Exclusive Listing"....

RE agents work for a commission and that presumes more than a passing interest in a higher price.

I do take some offense that you seem to be rather nasty, regarding my ability to help people. You might look around and see just who you are talking about. That was un-called for.

HB

I must admit, I didn't see that post as nasty or uncalled for.

Being a university professor does nothing more than qualify one as such. Quite frankly, retaining a university professor as a real estate consultant seems ludicrous to me.

Real estate doesn't corner the market on unscrupulous businessmen/ women in this or any other country. There are the good and the bad in every profession.

I have seen more individuals harmed legally and financially by trying to deal directly with owners in real estate transactions than I would care to discuss. There are well educated and ethical real estate professionals here and they can be worth well in excess of any commission they may earn.

If they are professional and perform their jobs well, why should they be any less entitled to making a living than anyone else?

With all due respect Hillbilly, your response seems defensive and could be viewed as nasty and uncalled for by professionals in the real estate business here in the Dominican Republic.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009

HB

Living in Santiago complete guide to Santiago, Dominican Republic

Good enough for you?........Your responce was so arrogant and uncalled for

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Anyone who works with a RE agent in the DR is a complete moron, obvious barker and cocoboy have some foolish agenda with the borque folks..

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Anyone who works with a RE agent in the DR is a complete moron, obvious barker and cocoboy have some foolish agenda with the borque folks..

No agenda at all. It's very simple. He is one of the few people down there that has never screwed anyone over. That in itself is hard to find in a counry where everyone rips everyone off for sport.

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012

I have no idea who they are. But, I feel anyone who would try to buy real estate here without a real estate professional's assistance is asking for big problems.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I must admit, I didn't see that post as nasty or uncalled for.

Being a university professor does nothing more than qualify one as such. Quite frankly, retaining a university professor as a real estate consultant seems ludicrous to me.

Real estate doesn't corner the market on unscrupulous businessmen/ women in this or any other country. There are the good and the bad in every profession.

I have seen more individuals harmed legally and financially by trying to deal directly with owners in real estate transactions than I would care to discuss. There are well educated and ethical real estate professionals here and they can be worth well in excess of any commission they may earn.

If they are professional and perform their jobs well, why should they be any less entitled to making a living than anyone else?

With all due respect Hillbilly, your response seems defensive and could be viewed as nasty and uncalled for by professionals in the real estate business here in the Dominican Republic.

How many years does Hillbilly have in Sanitago? Santiago is not that big to begin with, and if a man like Hillbilly has spent as many years in Santiago as he as he would be considered a expert on everything in Santiago.

No man in this world is perfect or beyond approach, but I have to admit Hillbilly is very knowledgeable about things regarding Sanitago.

BTW Instead of trying to find fault with a poster read what they have written. You DO NOT need a real estate agent in the DR. Drive around the barrio you like and can see yourself being happy in. Talk to the neighbors, drive through the barrio at night to see how quiet it is, then if you find a home for sale talk with the owner.

Lawyers, used car salemen, doctors, real estate agents etc CAN'T give you a straight answer if their life dependent on it.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The point is Coco and Barker: There are NO REAL ESTATE "PROFESSIONALS" in the DR!!!!

There is no exam, there are not qualifying tests, little or NO laws, which is why it seems like the wild wild West!!

Oh you might get a guy like Marte in Santo Domingo, and some pretty good people up there on the North Coast (and they have been mentioned here a few times), but, in general, all you get are persons that have been intermediaries between a couple of sellers and a few buyers. No more and no less.

In the DR, anyone can be a "Real Estate Agent"....and anyone is. Some pimp for their boss, others try and do it right. However, once a deal is close, the really important people step in: LAWYERS!!! They are the professionals in this deal.

Nobody in his right mind buys any property without a really solid law firm checking things out!!!

HB

CocoBoy

Feb 23, 2012
There are REAL ESTATE "PROFESSIONALS" in the DR!!!! And they would certainly advise clients to also use a solid law firm to protect their legal interests in the transaction.

In order to find a REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONAL, one has to do their homework. Communicate with them in writing and verbally. Vet them. Do your own due diligence with respect to finding a well educated, experienced and reliable individual. They are out there and worth every penny of commission they earn. That's right earn, no different than any other person who performs a service in exchange for proper compensation.

Hell, I went to over 2 decades of formal education in the U.S. and had many teachers and professors during that time. Some were superlative educators and some weren't worth a sh!t. Would it be appropriate for me to condemn all of them based on the performance or lack thereof of the worst? I should think not.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
The point is Coco and Barker: There are NO REAL ESTATE "PROFESSIONALS" in the DR!!!!

There is no exam, there are not qualifying tests, little or NO laws, which is why it seems like the wild wild West!!

Oh you might get a guy like Marte in Santo Domingo, and some pretty good people up there on the North Coast (and they have been mentioned here a few times), but, in general, all you get are persons that have been intermediaries between a couple of sellers and a few buyers. No more and no less.

In the DR, anyone can be a "Real Estate Agent"....and anyone is. Some pimp for their boss, others try and do it right. However, once a deal is close, the really important people step in: LAWYERS!!! They are the professionals in this deal.

Nobody in his right mind buys any property without a really solid law firm checking things out!!!

HB

I understand and agree with what you say. The only point that I'm trying to make he is one of the few honest people that I have dealt with.........And I will say this I will never say anyone is perfect, but with him so far so good. As long as the people that I send to him are happy I am happy as well.

JeiJei

Jan 12, 2012
Real Estate Agent

Hi Guys, can someone tell me the name of a good real estate company in Santiago. I am checking House Rental prices in Santiago. Also can you give me the names of some good safe neighborhoods to live in that is close to bilingual schools (K-12). Thanks!

Hello there,

If I can help you with your new property search please contact me. I am a Real Estate Broker here in Santiago. I have been doing it for the last 20 years (in France, New York, Georgia) and now here in Santiago.

Los jardines is definitely the place you want to be. I think Hillbily is right there are many ways to look for a property: look for yourself or if you don't have the time and energy to do it, in that case just use an agent.

Let just say that Hillbily is our God father in Santiago, he knows pretty much everything that is going on. If he says something, don't question it because he may be 150% right.

Just in case he decides to use me, here is my number 829-686-4129