Culture Wars: León vs Perelló

Which cultural center do you consider to be the best?

• Centro Cultural Perell?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
centro_leon_frente.jpg

VS

Centro-Perello--55-.jpg

Apparently there is a new trend among wealthy families of creating cultural centers in the towns or cities of origin of each family. Currently there are two cultural centers that are the starting point of this new trend, the Centro Cultural Eduardo Le?n Jimenes in Santiago and the Centro Cultural Perell? in Ban?.

The Centro Le?n was created by the Le?n Asensio family, from Grupo Le?n Jimenes (Presidente, Barcel?, Berm?dez, etc), while the Centro Perell? is an iniciative of the Perell? family (Induban aka Caf? Santo Domingo, etc). The latter one is the newest, with less than a year old.

For those of you that have visited both, which do you consider to be the best? Why? What would you like to see in these cultural centers or in other cultural centers that will be built in the near future?

For those of you that have only visited one of the two, give your impressions as well as what you will like to see in such places.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Grupo Le?n Jim?nes: Presidente; Sherman-Williams; formerly Marlboro; Banco Le?n;Aurora, and I think there is an oxygen company and an embroidery company in there also. Do not believe either Brugal or Berm?dez is involved.

Besides that, both exploited local resources and made billions. Like medieval merchants, they funded public works to commemorate their families. All praise to them.

HB

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I thought Le?n and Berm?dez made an agreement, that the first one distributes the Berm?dez rum (also Barcel?.) Maybe I confused that with another brand.