Tourism for Colombians?

IamZon

Sep 22, 2012
I had a friend who was in the DR several months ago (he is an America who has lived in Colombia for 4 years). He wanted his fiance to join him for several weeks, and there was some kind of "Visa Problem"!?!?

I thought that was odd! I recall the DR being super easy for vacation tourism with almost every country in the world.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Colombia is one of the "almost" countries, they need to apply for a visa to travel to DR. Wasn't the case a couple of years back but things changed.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The Dominican Republic is implementing a policy for most countries that allows citizens that have a US or Schengen visa to travel visa free to the country if a visa is being required as is the case of Colombia. That is, those that do not have a US or Schengen visa will be required to request a Dominican Republic visa. In the case of the girlfriend, it looks like she does not have a US or Schengen visa.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Believe it or not, I have a dominican female friend who was sankified by a colombian. She married him, and as the husband of a dominican, he got a resident visa for the DR. Once he set food in DR, he vanished. It seems there are good "business opportunities" in the DR for some of them, or maybe he boarded a yola to PR.

IamZon

Sep 22, 2012
so it is complicated for Colombians to enter the DR? Hmm.

How about other Central American / Caribbean Countries? Panama; Costa Rica, Cuba. Anybody know where current rules and regs are? en ingles profa:)

Zulu

May 27, 2012
They have good relations with Cuba so that's off the board not sure about Costa Rica