Convicted! Troy Brimm "The Brimm Reaper" - DR predator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkoobaDyver

Mar 31, 2011
Just wanted to announce that the DR has one less sexual tourist / dangerous predator now.

Thanks to efforts from good people on this forum as well as others, Troy "The Brimm Reaper" has been removed from the DR, sent back to the US where he was just recently convicted of abusing boys in Cabarete. He was living in the DR for over 2 years, given sanctuary from the law in a budget motel where he had young Dominican and Haitian boys regularly in his room.

Man Who Sexually Abused Boys in Dominican Republic Convicted in Miami | NBC 6 South Florida

Sadly, the owner of the hotel turned a blind eye to these events for years.

After several months of contacting the authorities, The Brimm Reaper was tracked down by US officials in Puerto Plata, where they rescued 2 more boys from his lair.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2012/5/5/43545/Puerto-Plata-agents-arrest-US-man-wanted-on-child-rape-charge

A few people can make a difference! If you see any signs of sexual tourism / human trafficking in this beautiful country, please don't hesitate to contact the proper authorities. The DR police worked directly with the US marshals when they nabbed The Brimm Reaper.

Thanks again to all those who reported his whereabouts - The DR is now a safer place.

Skoob.

SkoobaDyver

Mar 31, 2011
Here you go...

Casa Blanca - My Home Away From Home - Review of Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp, Cabarete, Dominican Republic - TripAdvisor

Troy Brimms home for 2 years. (His own words).
I personally seen him taking young boys back there with him.
Seen him on Cabarete beach with them many times as well.

Conditions of his previous 3 convictions (yes 3!) included not being allowed out of the country, not being around minors, and not using the internet. All of these facts were actually public knowledge. That's the scary part - he didn't even try to hide it!

What guy enabled him? And where did he stay in Cabarete?
I live and work in Cabarete, but i don't recognize the guy.
Frank

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Here you go...

Casa Blanca - My Home Away From Home - Review of Casa Blanca Hotel & Surf Camp, Cabarete, Dominican Republic - TripAdvisor

Conditions of his previous 3 convictions (yes 3!) included not being allowed out of the country, not being around minors, and not using the internet. All of these facts were actually public knowledge. That's the scary part - he didn't even try to hide it!

How VERY odd that you and he have chosen almost identical screen names.....

SkoobaDyver

Mar 31, 2011
How VERY odd that you and he have chosen almost identical screen names.....

How very odd indeed!
It's almost as if my entire reason for using this name was just to track The Reaper during his flight from the authorities.

But now I can finally retire this old nym.

SkoobaDyver

Mar 31, 2011
So are you confessing to being one of his enablers? If you saw him several times bringing young boys to his room?

Indeed I did see him do this. So did several of my companions.
Every one of us has been contacting the FBI and Modesto authorities for almost 2 years now.

Looks like it finally paid off.

StephanieG

Sep 25, 2012
So are you confessing to being one of his enablers? If you saw him several times bringing young boys to his room?

A valid question to ask the hotel managers where Troy Brimm stayed for many months, considering they saw Brimm with young boys going to and from his room regularly. One has to question: since they knew about at least two previous convictions (Brimm told them he was wrongly convicted twice in California), why they allowed this sexual predator to stay on their property and interact with family and guests, right across the street from an elementary school? :ermm: Just saying. You have to wonder about the mentality of anyone (user "True Friend") who would publicly defend a known sexual predator on online public forums. That's an enabler. Nobody was duped by Brimm - do an Internet search of his name.

Sometimes the wheels of justice turn very slowly, but in this case justice will be served because ordinary people stepped up to stop a predator. And he's behind bars where he belongs. His enablers - maybe it's time that they be held accountable, too.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Here you go...

OMG...this hotel is owned by Baptist Pastor/Minister William Oosterman...he preaches in Sosua on sundays in some hotel lobby in Sosua. He's a religious lunatic! People get up and move when they see him coming into the restaurant where i work. He sits at my bar proselytizing and passing religious judgments on everyone. He also runs a real-estate company in Cabarete.

A British/Canadian couple told me a funny story about Pastor William: After another pastor in Sosua got sick some years ago, they asked Pastor William if he could step in and fill his shoes. On his first day at the pulpit, he got up and told everyone in a Unitarian church that they were going to hell if they didn't accept Jesus Christ as your savior. People got up and started filing out of the church.

This is a website dedicated to the Preacher and owner of the hotel floating around Cabarete: Pastor William Oosterman fansite

Incidently, the pastor's family are very nice people--I like them. But he is the mother of all proselytizing religious fanatics. However, the fact that he let some pedophile live and stay at his hotel doesn't surprise me.

Frank

Last edited:

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
To each their own when you say "fun". Fun for me is with an adult woman NOT children.

Maybe, a bad use of words.

Well, yes. I was trying to be sarcastic. Sorry If my poor choice of words seemed offensive to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.