Santiago Trip 9/21/2012 -9/24/2012

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
I just wanted to say I had a great time in Santiago this past weekend. Another fun and successful visit to the Ciuadad del Corazon. I enjoyed another great stay at Hotel Aloha Sol on Calle Del Sol where they provided excellent service as usual. This time around I finally made it into the Catedral de Santiago Ap?stol and the Palacio Consistorial located at Pablo Duarte park. The cathredal and the the Palace were both amazing.
I ate very casual meals from El Encanto department store's cafeteria to Zocalo Mexican Restaurant located next to H20 Liquor Store. On this trip I was able to visit some friends in the Los Salados and Ensueno sections of the city and even made out to enjoy a great day of bbq and swimming at a finca in Cagua owned by a family member of a friend. Also, I stopped by some places at night that I have never visited which included EU, Lovera, and Vidi Vici, and enjoyed live music my last night there at Barajando across from El Monumento. Unfortunately, the trip was only for 3 days, but I made sure to enjoy every minute of it. I have been to Santiago many, many times and I also leave there having a better time than the last due to the nature of the people of the city and the diverse dining and nightlife options. I wish this report could be more detailed, but I only came down there for a few days to get away from NYC and it was well worth it.

-JBars