TekCom Internet office in Cabarete?

monkeylovin

Sep 26, 2012
Anyone know where the tekcom office is in Cab? I can not get the webpage to load @ tek.com.do so unable to get any info on it.

Also, if anyone has any thoughts on how it compares to Cabel del Norte please advise.

Thanks

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You just answered your own question. If they can't get their home page to load think about their service.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
On the main road between Sosua and Cabarete, but ido not know exactly where.

They told me today they had renewed their website and the designer screwed it up. They are working hard to correct it asap.

Phone is 809 962 4433
Email: u2@tek.com.do

We got it today, and are amazed by the stability and the constant speed. First time in 3 years we have decent internet.

We did not go for cabledelnorte as our cable is in bad shape, and instead of replacing it, they keep repairing it.

BelgianK

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I would like to know also. To date in this Country there is no Internet Access company that is totally reliable, or even near totally. I hope this one is.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Thanks BelgianK. I am making the switch tomorrow. I will report on how well it is working.

Let us know...

To be honest, we are amazed...

We tried Claro, Orange Flybox, and were suffering...

No live streaming, decent download speeds for a day or so... then misery for the next 30 days...

Today, live streaming with 2 comps, no hold-ups, etc... I feel like I am in the real world again..

You can do without and live with it, but hey, life gets better when you have it... lol

BelgianK

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I asked them, and they claim they have not yet been influenced y bad weather, but as their trnsmitter is on a tower they say there is always a chance of course of things going wrong in extreme weather.

Then again, this goes for claro and orange as well, for every sattelite provider, and for cable (at least we have lost transmissions of tv during bad weather)

BelgianK

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
Well, now we have different picture on their services. A true story of my friend.

For 3 days I had no internet and according to provider the internet was not paid by me from July in Maimi. But Evelio has recieved the money in June for the first 5 months of services. On the first 2 days with no inet service, several phone calls made Emilio angry and later he stoped picking up the cel. Next day calling from the other number he answered and when he recognized who's calling said "I know the problem" and hung up. The next day was useless to call and today I noticed that the satelite box (installed on the roof) has disappeared. I guess as the equipment is their's and they can do what they like. Nice work guys!

So this is a bit different from the previous posts. And before I was considering of switching to them ...now, thank you, NO! (I guess its like "Nazi Soup").

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Yesterday, we experienced a slight hitch in their service. All of a sudden, DR1 disappeared and we got the message that we had not paid their bill. A saturday at 4.30 pm. I tried calling them, but it was always busy. So, I jumped in my car, drove to their office (which is at the HVB plaza, up the stairs, last office)

I explained my problem to Sandy, their American secretary/partner (who knows...) who was very apologetic. Checked the system, and said I should have service, but she would immediately look into it, and, if necessary sent out the technicians immediately.

While there, I also complained about the ugly installation, and the promise of the owner of Tekcom to come and fix it. I have not been presented a bill as yet for the installation, and neither have they asked for the money. The owner came over, looked at it, and told me it would be fixed.

I drove back home (five minutes or less), and jiehaaa... internet was restored. About half an hour later I received a very nice, and polite email from Sandy, telling me the problem was a software problem, but now fixed, and to please accept their apologies. ( I can believe this, as although I could not access the internet, I could download a movie at the time)

She also told me she spoke to the owner about the installation, and she was told he had told his technicians to come and fix it 2 weeks ago. He made me the promise he will show up here tomorrow, together with the technicians and that he will deal with it. Again apologies for the inconvenience.

Honestly, I cannot complain of the service I have received from them. Was it perfect? No, but keep in mind they have to work with Dominican technicians, whose logic sometimes is far to look for. At least they respond to your complaints, and try to fix them. Which is more then can be said for Orange, Claro or Cabledelnorte.

We have also received the 1.5mb download promised by them, and this for the whole month (true, there was a little glitch one day for about half an hour, where we were slower). And it is truly unlimited. For the first time in 3 years we were able to upload our internet businesses from here.

If they continue like this, they have my full support. Better service, constant speeds, and better value.

BelgianK

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
Lucky for you as you need the internet only for down loading movies. Some people need internet as the main source for living and when you don't have it for 3 days in a row and your calls are not answered to restore the services - this is for real!
I hate to say it but everybody work on this island with dominican reality - so what?
If they continue like this, they will lose more and more clients, some of them are already lost due to this fact.

oldgringo

Oct 2, 2012
DonDR

Lucky for you as you need the internet only for down loading movies. Some people need internet as the main source for living and when you don't have it for 3 days in a row and your calls are not answered to restore the services - this is for real!
I hate to say it but everybody work on this island with dominican reality - so what?
If they continue like this, they will lose more and more clients, some of them are already lost due to this fact.
Sorry to hear about your friends experience with Tekcom. I like, Belgiank, have had great service with Tekcom so far. I know that thier new director of ops, manager whatever he is, David, has always been readily available and professional. He will go the extra step, he has a significant military background, naval special forces, i think. Like i said in another post he won`t blow smoke up your arse! About cabledelnorte, i am still waiting day 9 since requested service repair for my cable and 5 days since they were supposed to be here and quess what they were at my neighbors today to do a new install but when i asked about my service all they could only say was sorry. I know that 9 days is not alot but explain that to my kids. Now they watch movies from the internet. Maybe tomorrow i can get my computer back. By the way my neighbor called them with on friday and they were there on tue like they said?????????????? yes my bill is paid in full

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Like Belgiank, I hope that their services towards their customers keep improving. Its no fun to have to run your internet business in Belgium while living here. I would finally like to have control back there.

Acira

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you depend on the Internet to do business here as many do you should have a back up ready all the time. You can buy a USB Internet stick from Orange for example and put some pesos in your account and use it when you need to.

You will pay 120 pesos for a 24 hour period and only pay when you use it.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I can agree about the necessity for a back-up, if you use the internet for business. The problem is that Orange is so slow. it is actually quite useless.

We have to upload big files, and they just got timed out because of the irregular, and slow speed Orange provided the last couple of months. Their speed also varied constantly between zero and 100 kb.

Now, with Tekcom, we can upload with an average speed of around 350kb, if we also use the internet at the same time. If we do it at night, we get upload speeds of 750kb.

And constant.

Nice.

BelgianK