Looking for a simple home in the DR

RMacNamara

Oct 1, 2012
Hello I am looking for a place that is not on the water that is affordable. If you know of any place, that has 2 or 3 bedrooms at least and at least 2 bathrooms. Some small acreage, fruit trees perhaps, situated not too far from town would be ideal. Any suggestion of where to locate or avoid would be appreciated too, I'm just learning. Thank you.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Hello I am looking for a place that is not on the water that is affordable. If you know of any place, that has 2 or 3 bedrooms at least and at least 2 bathrooms. Some small acreage, fruit trees perhaps, situated not too far from town would be ideal. Any suggestion of where to locate or avoid would be appreciated too, I'm just learning. Thank you.

to buy or rent?

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
As the former "US Sectretary Of Defense" he can afford anything!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

He can pay for it with his life insurance... he died 3 years ago. LOL But he needs to check the spelling of his name, but I guess that doesn't matter when you're dead. lol

RMacNamara

Oct 1, 2012
We have enjoyed Las Terrenas and El Portillo but have our minds open to suggestions from others with more experience or knowledge. Perhaps a long term rental is possible or best for us. We are flexable.
Las Terrenas Real Estate l Samana Real Estate l Las Galeras Properties l information l immomexx Is Samana the next best place to invest as it says here or is that just marketing? I have heard people say that it has been said for a long time but that it was not true.
What is up and coming?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Las Terrenas is a tourist area and therefore some things will be more expensive. It will depend on where you want to live and how, ie do you like to eat out a lot and do you like imported foods. The initial investment of buying land and building a home or buying a home outright are going to be considerably more expensive than in other areas of the country like in Santiago. The best thing to do is post prices and location of homes/property and get people's opinions.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:
If you have never lived in the DR you need to make a visit and check out the country. Security is a major issue when buying a home out in the country. Unfortunately many Gringos get ripped off and robbed. Even if you live frugally you are considered wealthy and have money. No matter how well you protect your property you may be a target. I am not trying to discourage you but when you live in a society of have and have nots it is a natural progression. If you take this seriously in your planning you can avoid problems and live very well.

LTSteve

CaptE

Jul 27, 2012
A nice place (European Built) just came on the market in Las Terrenas. On a quiet street but in walking distance to beach, shops, restaurants...