New Law not allowing pills and supplements into the DR via courier???

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I have been ordering vitamins and creatines supplements from Amazon for a few months for my personal use no problemn I ordered some gym chalk about 2 weeks ago and I just called Encargo Paq and they said there is a new law where they do not allow pills, vitamins or any suck thing allowed into the DR via couriers only by boat? Is this true and what is the point also proves how dumb aduanas is as its gym chalk ?? Any feedback?

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
No its for you hands to keep them dry and better grip when your lifting heavy but I was ordereing vitamans and now you cant because of some new law all of a sudden. Its crazy so you have to ship one bottle of multi vitamins by boat !!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I will let you know, as I ordered some as well. I just got notice they arrived in SD

BelgianK

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've been getting medicines for years from a supplier associated with my health insurance. The latest shipment just arrived by EPS.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Yea I have some vitamins on the way as well plus I got some creatine chews and multi vitamins a few weeks ago no problem I think the dumb asses at aduanas have no idea what the gym chalk is !! Like i told the guy you cant eat it or drink it its for your hands !!! I need to order some vitamin c as well . Keep me posted belgian k are you uses Encargo paq as well?
Sounds a bit shady to me all of a sudden a new law ????

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I got Lactaid and digestive enzymes just last week and no problem. Also got vitamins for my dog and no one said anything...

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Or Im thinking Encargo Paq have lost the package I just sent them my envoice as well as a copy of the Amazon link to the product. I just cannot see the point in such a stupid law but then again this is the DR !

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Just got back from Encargo paq and they resolved the problem with my gym chalk. The confirmed that customs put a law stating no medicines or vitamins may enter the DR via courier only by boat starting this week thats what they told me lets see if it is true. I cant imagine the reason !!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I just came back myself from Encargopaq, and this is what they told me...

It is not a new law, but one which existed for years, but was never enforced. Any medication, vitamins, food supplements, etc... which are not licenced in the DR are not allowed to enter, unless you pay a heavy propina to the aduana at the airport in SD.

By boat they have no problems.

So just a couple of guys at aduana who found an extra income.

The good news is that, according to encargo it only takes a week longer by boat.

Hope this helps.

BelgianK

PS... I also ordered a tick bomb, as we were infested by ticks... stupid me... a package described as a bomb on a plane??? Guess what, it will be arriving by boat as well. I guess it is ok to blow up a boat.... mwhoehahahahaha...

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
It is not a new law, but one which existed for years, but was never enforced. Any medication, vitamins, food supplements, etc... which are not licenced in the DR are not allowed to enter, unless you pay a heavy propina to the aduana at the airport in SD.

That sounds about right to me. I don't think it should be enforced at airports for obvious reasons. But as merchandise, there has to be some control over that, don't you think?. Yeah, I wish I could order things online that I can't. But for once, I think this is a good measure.

As for the guys confusing the gym chalk for something else, it happens to me all the time. You should be able to clear things up, proving it is not medicine of any kind.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I checked with the EPS office in Sosua, which then checked with the main office. EPS has heard nothing about this and shipments are coming through normally.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
transexpress held up my shipment which they said was hazardous as it contained liquid, they said I would have to pay extra and state what was in the package , but in the end they forgot

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
So does Encargo Paq bring things in by boat too ?? Castle I wasnt ordering medicine just multi vitaminis and some supplements that you can get here its just for what you pay for 250 caps you pay for 100 here. If it is medicine ok I can understand that but they still come by boat so whats the difference?

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Im going to order some Vitaman c and have it bought in by EPS and see if there is a problem these aduana guys might be targeting Encargo Paq as ui belive thier business is booming everytime I go to the office its full of packages !
By the way my gym chalk will be here Monday so no worries !

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I checked with the EPS office in Sosua, which then checked with the main office. EPS has heard nothing about this and shipments are coming through normally.

Yes and at three times the cost of Encargo Paq but probably if I live here as long as you and do a lot of business with them, I am sure I can get a better price also.

And probably somebody of Encargo Paq stepped on the toes of some high dude at customs at the wrong moment so they decided to enforce the law for them.

Acira

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So does Encargo Paq bring things in by boat too ?? Castle I wasnt ordering medicine just multi vitaminis and some supplements that you can get here its just for what you pay for 250 caps you pay for 100 here. If it is medicine ok I can understand that but they still come by boat so whats the difference?

Yes Encargopaq ships by both air and ocean freight. Normally the smaller items go by air, but they can easily handle the shipments that need to go by water.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
so, order a bit more, so you are secure, and add a week to the shipment time... no worries..

Si no es hoy, es manana...

BelgianK

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Interestingly enough I just received 6 bottles of chewable vitamins for my girls and 4 large blocks of gym chalk no problem through Vimenpaq. Next up my Vostro V13 for US195, or so the receipt says. :)

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Yes Encargopaq ships by both air and ocean freight. Normally the smaller items go by air, but they can easily handle the shipments that need to go by water.

So if you go with a private courier company you can ship by boat? I've stopped shipping donations of books as there no longer is a reduced rate for charity items, AND I believe I was told that air is the only option--which is quite costly. I'm not in an area where those shipping companies are common.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So if you go with a private courier company you can ship by boat? I've stopped shipping donations of books as there no longer is a reduced rate for charity items, AND I believe I was told that air is the only option--which is quite costly. I'm not in an area where those shipping companies are common.

I suspect that EPS always ships by boat, since they are slower than Encargopaq and Vemenpaq in general, and that is why nothing changed for people using EPS. It sounds like any courier that has a shipping method option by sea has no problems bringing in medicines from what people are saying in this thread.