Totally independent of Electrical Power Company

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Somebody told me that you need a special license issued by the "Superintendencia de Electricidad" if you want to be totally independent from power companies. Is that true?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Thanks for your comment but not a very good answer. Think about it, you live in a house which had a contract with an electricity provider for some time and all of a sudden you don't consume electricity any more???

Anyway, anybody around who can answer this question?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Independent from MM infrastructure.

.... you live in a house which had a contract with an electricity provider for some time and all of a sudden you don't consume electricity any more???
Anyway, anybody around who can answer this question?

Not my case.

I have never been connected to the grid (as there was no grid near me).
Thus we always have been self-sufficient.
Formerly with a genset, now with solar panels.

donP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
all i know is that one you have been connected to the street power you have to keep on paying even if all your electricity comes from a different source. flat monthly rate, 145 pesos a month on the north coast. your bill lists is as "cargo fijo".
if you have never been connected you should be fine.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
all i know is that one you have been connected to the street power you have to keep on paying even if all your electricity comes from a different source. flat monthly rate, 145 pesos a month on the north coast. your bill lists is as "cargo fijo".
if you have never been connected you should be fine.

The neighbors here had a connection to a pump house down the hill to pump water up here.
We just recently terminated the contract with EdeNorte.

We had to pay a $600 peso cancellation fee.