Secure Mailing Service in Bonao?

perreoking

Oct 4, 2012
I live in New York and my wife lives in Bonao. I am going to need her to send me her birth certificate through the mail. Anybody know a secure way for her to send me it from Bonao?

Feb 7, 2007
She can open account with Vimenpaq (they have offices nationwide in Vimenca). They assign her a Miami address with her personal box #. You fedex/ups/usps priority mail her the BC to that Miami address. There are many other companies in the DR similar to Vimenpaq like EPS, Business Mail, Caribe Pack, Jetpack, Picknsend, MBETc, etc. but I do not think any of those have office in Bonao.

Feb 7, 2007
OK, now I see that it's the other way around, from Bonao to the USA. the most secure way would be through a courier company like Fdex, UPS or DHL. But it will cost about 1500-2000 pesos for it. There is also a service called EMS (international Express mail) by Imposdom (DR Post Office) which costs about 1000 pesos to the USA. It will take longer than Fedex (about 3-4 business days) but if you are on budget and need secure tracking, this is the way to go. In the USA, the package would then be delievered by USPS unit handling Priority/Express mail.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Transxpress delivers to Bonao at the Vimenca office by the market. They also send overnite courier (UPS I think). This is by far the safest and surest way to send documents. Will be delivered in two days. Cheers.

perreoking

Oct 4, 2012
thanks for the answers guys, but I actually found the best solution. I found out that my friend's father is vacationing in Bonao right now and is almost set to leave to NY..My wife is going to give the certificate to him :bandit: I will in fact keep your answers in mind for the next time I need my wife to send me something.