Flights to uk.. Advice needed ASAP!

dandudette

May 10, 2007
Hey guys, so my dominican friend has been granted his visa.. He is coming to the UK for 3 weeks. A couple of things. Most flights for that length of time go via the USA... Does he need a visa to pass through an airport? If so how much do these cost?
Or is there a good site to book a direct flight from the dr to uk?

Someone help?

Thanks

whiskylee

May 13, 2007
Hey guys, so my dominican friend has been granted his visa.. He is coming to the UK for 3 weeks. A couple of things. Most flights for that length of time go via the USA... Does he need a visa to pass through an airport? If so how much do these cost?
Or is there a good site to book a direct flight from the dr to uk?

Someone help?

Thanks

Air France SDQ or PUJ to Paris then to your UK destination airport or you could try Thomsom (charterflight)

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
pm whirleybird... she found a direct flight from PC to the UK.

Mind you, if I recollect, it was not cheap.

Other solution is to fly from SD to Brussels, and then take eurostar train to UK

BelgianK

whiskylee

May 13, 2007
Is there not a separate visa required for France? Thanks

Not that i am aware of, Keep well away from the USA. You could try calling charterflights.co.uk, we did the SDQ - Paris - Manchester flight with Air France many times and there are always lots of Dom Rep people on these flights. Speak to Air France direct and they will tell you the visa requirements

dandudette

May 10, 2007
Ok brill thank you guys, I think we can do Madrid with the visa he has... So maybe that's an option.. It's just finding the sites that do it

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
He will probably need a Schengen visa to travel via Madrid, Paris or Brussels - check with the respective embassy.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
pm whirleybird... she found a direct flight from PC to the UK.

Mind you, if I recollect, it was not cheap.

Other solution is to fly from SD to Brussels, and then take eurostar train to UK

BelgianK

I have not been able to arrange a one-way flight from DR to UK with Thomson or Thomas Cook, the only UK airlines to fly direct as far as I know, for some time. You are right though, it is better to go by one of the cheap European airlines to Brussels or one of the German destinations, then on to the UK. Going via the USA is more expensive in my experience.

yapask1

Jul 23, 2012
He will probably need a Schengen visa to travel via Madrid, Paris or Brussels - check with the respective embassy.

I think not if travelling by air ......

Visa not required provided:
- arriving and departing from/to a non-Schengen State
(see: TIRGL/SCHS ); and
- holding ticket with confirmed onward reservation and all
documents required for next destination; and
- not leaving the transit area.

But check latest position with Belgium embassy.

You can book SD - Brussels with Cheap tickets :: Jetairfly.com : Home and brussles to UK with Book Flights, Hotels, Holidays, Car Rental with British Airways - BA.com Allow for plane to be some hours late since ba tickets are for a specific flight. ba does have direct flight from punta cana but expensive. Connection via Madrid also possible.

yapask1

whiskylee

May 13, 2007
Just had a read through your previous post and i am more clear on your position, My advice call the girls at charterflights.co.uk tomorrow morning, you will not find a direct flight to the Uk on line, They deal with Thomson, Like i pointed out traveling via paris to the uk is fine no visa required as long as you stay inside the airport for your connecting flight, make sure it is booked as a return to Dom Rep as the customs in UK will want to see an exit flight

dandudette

May 10, 2007
Just had a read through your previous post and i am more clear on your position, My advice call the girls at charterflights.co.uk tomorrow morning, you will not find a direct flight to the Uk on line, They deal with Thomson, Like i pointed out traveling via paris to the uk is fine no visa required as long as you stay inside the airport for your connecting flight, make sure it is booked as a return to Dom Rep as the customs in UK will want to see an exit flight

Thank you whiskylee I appreciate your help

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i traveled with miesposo to london via madrid and he needed a schengen visa.
british airways goes from punta cana to london gatwick, they fly on thursdays.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
A Schengen Visa is required for all stopover flights via Europe. Similarly a transit visa is required for the US should you wish to travel through US hub. BA is your best and least complicated option albeit one of the most expensive.

hanswulff82

Jan 4, 2010
A Schengen Visa is required for all stopover flights via Europe. Similarly a transit visa is required for the US should you wish to travel through US hub. BA is your best and least complicated option albeit one of the most expensive.

I do not believe a schengen visa is required for transit only as long as the final destination is UK, and you have a valid UK visa. However, you can?t leave the airport while transiting - so the Shengen-UK flight will have to be at the same airport.
Transit visas are only necisary in Europe if your final destination is outside EU/EEA.

I?m almost certain of this. But you should call the embassy of the country you are planing to transit to just to be a 100 per cent sure.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Just looking into all this myself, once again. There is also ArkeFly from Puerto Plata to Amsterdam, prices not too bad when compared to BA etc., but need to check the dates carefully. I can't find the website in English but, although I don't speak Dutch, I can sort of find my way around it. ebookers then seem to have some pretty good flights from Amsterdam to the UK. I don't know anything about the visa, though for non-EU citizens. Good luck.

Linda

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
British Airways flys direct to Punta Cana. This is a scheduled flight. Travelling through Madrid/Paris requires a Schengen Visa.