Looking for a place to stay - Puerto Plata

T

Terri

A friend and I are looking for a place to stay in Puerto Plata around April 24/99. We stayed at a hotel down town and had a blast in November but this time want to be close to a beach. We are meeting up with Dominican friends so don't want a resort where locals are not able to stay. Anyone have any info or contacts for me?

G

Grahame Bush

Try the Lomar Apart-Hotel on the Malecon. Twin double beds in each room, bathroom with shower,airconditioning unit etc. = US $25 per night (RD $400) for the room!! Breakfast & evening meals available locally & sandy beach (clean & tidy) 5 mins walk away. Otherwise, The Latin Quarter Hotel in same location is RD $400 but I think only 1 double bed oer room. This includes breakfast however. Get back to me on my hotmail if you need more info. - Grahame.

T

Tom

I have stayed at both, recommend Lomar. Just make CERTAIN you don't get the room with the plant located directly outside your window.

It's a very nice place, friendly, not "nosey" and clean.

Tom

P

Phyllis Sarault

Hi Terri,

We may have stuff in common, I've been twice to Puerto Plata and made really good friends too! I plan on going again April 3-10.. where do you hang out with your local friends, who do you know, wouldn't it be cool if we knew the same people???

Phyllis

R

Rebecca

Whenever I fly into Puerto Plata airport I stay in Cabarete. It is about 30 minute drive from the airport. We stay at the Nanny Estates. We pay 100.00 per night. It is right on the beach. It is a two bedroom 1 1/2 bath condo with kitchen, living room and sun deck. It is a small complex with pool and resturant. Cabarete is such a nice town many different countries are represented by the people that live there and visit there.