• Thread starter "El Grandullon"
  • Start date

Borrow,Tax,Spend! The way to economic recovery in

&

"El Grandullon"

Ok,Sound good to you?Must sound good to the Minister of Finance,maybe he takes his job title literally,you know "finance"like he should "finance"everything.Editors note:in the US.finance means: borrow.
Ok,My View:It is not possible to borrow,tax,and spend a country into economic "wellbeing".
My plan:1st.spend only to get the national power grid up and running, constant,dependable,affordable,electric energy in every home,store,factory,school,hospital,etc.The US.did not become an economic super power,until the government paid for the "electrification"of the entire country!
2nd.Water,now, once you have electricity,you can run the water pumps!This is not rocket science!Give everyone some drinkable water.
3rd.Now we can begin to think about how we can educate and give some basic healthcare to the people,who now have power and water in their homes and can begin to think about "other" things.
4th.Lose import duties.The Dominican Republic would be the big winner in the Free-Trade game.Inicially the lower wage scale would bring jobs and economic growth.(Please don,t lecture me about taking economic advantage of an economically deprived people!)we can worry about that later.I believe that most people prefer jobs that pay 10 pesos per hour to no jobs!We can worry about economic exploytation later.
Ok,now basically leave our "NEW"economy alone,
the Dominicans are basically hard working,if they see some
financial reward for their hard work.
5th.Now for the hard part,we have to get rid of the last part of the status quo: Tax,Borrow,Spend,and STEAL!Stop stealing 1/2 the
country,s money!

All For 'Now"

"EL GRANDULLON"