deportation

S

Sammantha

I have a question. Does anyone know what happens or what is the proceedure after a DR native is deported from the US back to DR? Is he detained in jail or not? Is there a system for processing those who return? Is there an office that can be contacted to find out more information. I know some who is being returned shortly and he has no idea what to expect. If anyone can be of any assistance, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

R

rubio

well my experience is only seeing and talking with deportees on the plane. basically they are jailed until they are put on the plane. In santo Domingo there is someone waiting for them, with paperwork and a photo. after that they are processed and released

J

Joachim

What does the Dominican police do with these people once they arrive from being deported?

J

Joachim

What does the Dominican police do with these people once they arrive?

S

Sammantha

Thank you. That is what I had been told, but I just don't know for sure. Someone had told me that they read in a DR newspaper that they were detained indefinitely. I think that perhaps he was reading about Hatians and the problems they are having with hatian immigrants and not DR citizens.

H

Henry

The point is...

They are beeing sued and deported from the US, but mayorely do not have a file over here, so they are free men after touching Dominican Ground! After that lots of them are going to apply for a new visa to the US under a different name and passport!

Well and some are going to stay....

Henry

A

A.J.

I believe it depends on the reasons they were deported. If they were deported from the U.S. due to the law about deportation of people who have been convicted of felony crimes and have served their time and depending on their crime the dominican government may let them go. However in most of the cases especially drug cases the DNCD gets involved and the dominican police.

If someone is deported just because they did not come to the US through the "proper" channels they fly back to the D.R. and go home.

P

pascal

I guess like for most things , there is no generic rules that apply. I know people that after they had been deported for drug cases from the US and they arrived in the DR freed up and released from any charge.
Anyone has deportation statistics ?

S

Sammantha

Thanks to everyone for your response. This person is being deported for a felony crime not involving drugs or murder or anything like that. He has served his time in the US. His father was very worried that he would have to still remain in jail once he was returned.

Sam

R

rubio

i am certain they are not detained after they arrive in DR. i have afriend in DR that was deported on drug charges. and he was released upon arrival

A

A.J.

I have know a few people to be deported and it depended on their crime as to if they were held or not.

Here is a link to a previous article (kind of old) from DR1.

J

Joachim

Its too bad that so many people get to the US by hook or crook, then ruin it by doing some stupid criminal activity. They get what they deserve, and unfortunately, ruin the reputation of many honest hard working people.