Arguing With Dominican Women

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2005
Many posters have addressed that a good majority of Dominican women lie to their companions. It may be that it gives a person a feeling of superiority that they can "get over" or "get away" with a lie. This is pretty pervasive in the DR society in general, although and obviously many exceptions exist.

What are the differences, if any, of other cultures and their women and Dominican women, when it comes to arguing with their mates?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dPEc_ipLFEk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>.....

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Many posters have addressed that a good majority of Dominican women lie to their companions.

Boy, It's sure nice that the Dominican men don't lie to their companions................
Can you imagine both of them lying to each other................lol........:D

B in Santiago

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Boy, It's sure nice that the Dominican men don't lie to their companions................

I thought the same thing. Also, I don't know how lying relates to arguing. If a woman lies to me AND I FIND OUT, there's no argument....

DeadHandStraight

Jun 10, 2012
Many posters have addressed that a good majority of Dominican women lie to their companions. It may be that it gives a person a feeling of superiority that they can "get over" or "get away" with a lie. This is pretty pervasive in the DR society in general, although and obviously many exceptions exist.

What are the differences, if any, of other cultures and their women and Dominican women, when it comes to arguing with their mates?

Its pretty simple - There are no differences cause "a man a word, a woman a dictionary" ;-) but hey on a more serious note...if there is an approach to it, it probably goes like this: the universal (or more earthly like) truth of the matter is all humans despite gender will use a lie to get over or away with something they simply wont admit. So, saying its pretty pervasive in the Dominican Republic is short sighted IMHO...

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

B in Santiago

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RNSnMFgNq1Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>.................

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RNSnMFgNq1Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>.................

I love the part where Pacino states...............
Me,.........I always tell the truth........even when I lie..........

B in Santiago

1000an

Nov 28, 2007
Don't argue with idiots! They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009

B in Santiago

How else could one explain the chaos down there? :chinese:

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
How else could one explain the chaos down there? :chinese:

There's chaos.............
But, it's their chaos..........
I never argue with the women...........
I just love them into submission..............

B in Santiago

Last edited:

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
One of the many reasons people lie is to avoid confrontation. It isn't necessarily to get one over anyone.

For the liars, avoidance or diffusing the situation is paramount. For whatever reason, the recipient of said lie tend to be much, much happier than if they were told the truth. This is the realm about lying, period!

To the OP, please don't despair. Your woman is simply trying her best to make you very, very happy. :)

Take for instance this exchange between a couple:

man: what happen to the stash we had in closet.
Woman: what stash? I don't know. "Yo no fui!"

would you've preferred the following instead?

man: what happen to the stash we had in closet.
Woman: Oh, yeah! I went shopping and gave some to my boyfriend. He was having cars problems!

===========

man: Where were you? I called on your cell and you did not pick up.
woman: I saw your missed call while I was in a meeting. Sorry, I couldn't pick up.

would you've preferred the following instead?

man: Where were you? I called on your cell and you did not pick up.
woman: I was playing hide the banana in the freight elevator with Mike. I was also unable to speak because he had his tongue in my mouth!

The length men and women go to make each other happy; priceless! :chinese:

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Nas,

The flaw in your "Man / Woman" simulated conversations is that in the D.R., the woman's answers usually has nothing to do with the question you asked.

It's seldom their answers corresponds to the questions.
This seems to be the norm in the D.R.

Dec 26, 2011
Nas,

The flaw in your "Man / Woman" simulated conversations is that in the D.R., the woman's answers usually has nothing to do with the question you asked.

Where early brain development was arrested by poor nutrition during its most critical phases, the resulting adult will have trouble with following basic rules of human communication.

Dec 26, 2011
The problem is further compounded by an environment where childhood reading, especially for pleasure, is not encouraged or even disdained. There's an important link between reading and empathy.

What, Me Care? Young Are Less Empathetic: Scientific American

In a study published earlier this year psychologist Raymond A. Mar of York University in Toronto and others demonstrated that the number of stories preschoolers read predicts their ability to understand the emotions of others. Mar has also shown that adults who read less fiction report themselves to be less empathic.

Last edited:

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Is Mitt Rmoney (Oops! I meant Romney) Dominican?

Nope.

He was born in Mexico.

On topic, a Man should never allow a discussion with his Woman to devolve into an argument. The rock hard exterior has to be checked at the door in order to allow for sensitivity to enter his interactions with her. IME a Man stands a far better chance of winning a consensus than he does of winning an argument with his Woman. He will never win the argument because she won't fight "fair", feeling under attack from the very source of her security and comfort. Every mistake I've ever made in relationships turned into lessons and I will never forget any of them. I share those lessons with my progeny and they will grow to be better Men than I.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
Nas,

I avoidance and confusion; got it.

man: Who is this Mark guy who keeps texting you?
woman: "Si, tambien llego' el EderNorte bill".. Yes, we also got the electric bill.

I've revised the scenes based on the "confusion" tactics... :chinese:

Dec 26, 2011
I avoidance and confusion; got it.

man: Who is this Mark guy who keeps texting you?
woman: "Si, tambien llego' el EderNorte bill".. Yes, we also got the electric bill.

I've revised the scenes based on the "confusion" tactics... :chinese:

lol...good one, nas

Status
Not open for further replies.