Any place to watch sports in Sosua or nearby???

drfan4

Sep 27, 2012
We are coming from the US and I'm wondering if there's a place (restaurant/bar??) for watching sports like the World Series??

juant

May 9, 2012
We are coming from the US and I'm wondering if there's a place (restaurant/bar??) for watching sports like the World Series??
The best places to watch sports are in Cabarate. In Sosua, try Rocky's, Rhumba and a small sports bar located in front of Hotel Europa(sorry, I forgot the bar's name). Good luck.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Coach's Corner is located on Pedro Clisante in front of The Britannia Pub. The have all the games you need on many tv's, food and nice waitresses.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
HI,

i'm back in town and working this weekend from 9am to 5pm saturday and sunday at Jose Oshay's in Cabarete. we got 6 satellites--two SKY Satellites, two Direct TV satellites, and two Dish Network satellites, and two regular cable boxes from Ednorte. I highly doubt anyone here on this island--other than Hard Rock in punta cana or Five Star (Jimmy O'Shay) in Santo domingo and Santiago carry as many different satellites and channels.

Having said this, not everything can be found. For example, are SKY boxes are a South American version of the European version--so they have slightly different programs--favoring south American soccer, but some things are the same. This is also true for our Dish Network and Direct TV's--they are a caribbean version (from ST. Thomas & Puerto Rico) so they carry a slightly different programming tha the USA as well. Still most things can be found--especially any MLB games or NFL games. we pay extra for those.

Again, most things (Games) can be found. I'm more than happy to look for any game you want.

FRank

drfan4

Sep 27, 2012
HI,

i'm back in town and working this weekend from 9am to 5pm saturday and sunday at Jose Oshay's in Cabarete. we got 6 satellites--two SKY Satellites, two Direct TV satellites, and two Dish Network satellites, and two regular cable boxes from Ednorte. I highly doubt anyone here on this island--other than Hard Rock in punta cana or Five Star (Jimmy O'Shay) in Santo domingo and Santiago carry as many different satellites and channels.

Having said this, not everything can be found. For example, are SKY boxes are a South American version of the European version--so they have slightly different programs--favoring south American soccer, but some things are the same. This is also true for our Dish Network and Direct TV's--they are a caribbean version (from ST. Thomas & Puerto Rico) so they carry a slightly different programming tha the USA as well. Still most things can be found--especially any MLB games or NFL games. we pay extra for those.

Again, most things (Games) can be found. I'm more than happy to look for any game you want.

FRank
Great!! Thank you. Looks like we'll be trying to watch the World Series and rooting for the Tigers.

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
I'm sure they do, but so do we; we also have 7 flat screen televisions situated around the bar with more satellite dishes than anyone else here on the north coast: Jose O'Shay's.

Frank
Do you continue to have the high prices, overhead fans rotating 100 mph, loud noise, and no parking?

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Do you continue to have the high prices, overhead fans rotating 100 mph, loud noise, and no parking?

1. Yes. But look at where we're located and how many employees we have, and all the satellites we have.

2. Yes. the fans keep the mosquitos from attacking your feet.

3. Loud? It's an Irish Pub & Sports bar.

4. Parking? We're on the beach! Where would you suggest we build a parking lot?

Where else on this island can you sit on the beach--watching girls and guys walk past--and sit and watch sports on 6 different satellites? What...you think 6 satellites with the NFL package and the MLB package is cheap? You should research that? You think real-estate on the beach cost little or nothing? You should research that as well? We got 28 full-time employees and dozens of freezers and refrigerators and an enormous electricity bill that would make anyone on this island blush...you think all those things come free? Our electricity bill alone is so enormous, so crazily expensive, and much more expensive than most businesses pay in rent; i highly doubt many people would believe it without seeing it with their own eyes. suffice to say, just look at how many businesses--restaurants and bars in particular--open and close here every year.

Frank

Last edited:

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Frank. Your restaurante is really nice, but nothing very special in DR or North Coast. Your beer is overpriced, and that's the impression for a casual visitor, who has many alternatives.