Drinking & Driving

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
I would like to share an experience with you about drinking and driving. As
you well know, some of us have been lucky not to have had brushes with the
authorities on our way home from the various social sessions over the years.

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends and had a
few too many beverages and then topped it off with a margarita. Not a good idea.
Knowing full well I was at least slightly over the limit, I did somethingI've never done before: I took a taxi home.
Sure enough I passed a police road block but because it was a taxi, they waved it past.
I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise.I have never driven a taxi before and am not sure where I got it

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Classic...

As to something that really happened a few visits back the day I was heading to the airport I had a jumbo Presidente left in my fridge, so I was like "Well I know it's 9:00 AM, but I don't know when I'll be able to have another Presidente, so I'm taking it with me." My brother was driving me...we were stopped at police checkpoint. I had a glass full of beer in my hand and the open, half drunk bottle in between my legs, my brother had his gun right there next to him...the cop comes over, looks at us and says "It looks like you guys started pretty early...have fun." ...and waved us off. Only in The DR...