Weather

D

Dkasper

We will be leaving to Puerto Plata next Tuesday. (Feb 9/99). Just checked the weather for the next few days and all I see is Thunderstorms and Rain......

Is this a typical tropical rain...only lasts a few minutes or is this rain???

Does anyone know the long range forcast???

N

Nadine Dachdjian

Hi Donna. I can tell you from my experience at the beginning of January that this is definitely tropical rain. It rains a lot during a few minutes, and then the sun comes back even stronger than before. It can rain a little bit longer at night... in general when you go out for dinner (this is one of Murphy's laws!)and an umbrella is very usefull to protect your hair and makeup from the rain ;-). Hope you have a wonderful time there!

K

Kathy

I agree with Nadine also. We just got back from Puerto Plata yesterday (31st). We were there for ten days and we had some short rain during the day but only lasted about 5-10 min then the sun would come out. There were about 3 or 4 nights where it rained but only for short time. Between the rain we had plenty of sunshine and came back with good tan. There is a lot of breeze on the beach which doesnt make the sun feel hot so you can spend more time.

D

DR One

There's a cold front passing over the island at this moment. Temperatures at dawn have dropped to a low 16C. Rain showers have been short with the sun coming out. We recommend you bring sweaters for the cool evenings.

P

Phyllis Sarault

I too agree, I was in Puerto Plata last year, twice AND experienced rain for like 10 minutes at night... then beautiful sunny and hot 98% of the time! Have fun!