Problems sending photos by cell phone to/from DR from/to US

surferboy

Jul 24, 2009
My cell phone provider in the US is ATT, my gf's in the DR is Orange.
Even though my cell transmits photos within the US (as well as to/from many other countries) without problems, it seems impossible to exchange photos with her in the DR.
Anyone knows if there is a solution?

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
My cell phone provider in the US is ATT, my gf's in the DR is Orange.
Even though my cell transmits photos within the US (as well as to/from many other countries) without problems, it seems impossible to exchange photos with her in the DR.
Anyone knows if there is a solution?

Feiboo

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
On my unlocked Iphone I send pics and texts for free. I picked my number to be a U.S. number so it is local (free) for my friends to contact me while im in Santo Domingo. The app is called "text plus" it works good but each time you open the pic it takes you to a website to view it.
There is another one that you can put on an unlocked Iphone that lets you talk for free pick a local number from anywhere as well but it sometimes has a delay and requires a wifi connection to use it. it worked well when you plan phone calls but if you are not near your wifi it sucks.

brlatm

Apr 26, 2012
Try using Whatsapp to send back and forth. My wife and I use it all the time and it works great.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i use watsapp or tango. they work on all platforms - providing you both have smart phone of some sort. tango also allows video calls.