A couple of medical tips.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Whether renewing or first timers for your residency, please be aware that certain over the counter sleeping aids, the likes of dormilong, dormital etc will be picked up as narcs in your blood test and it will not be processed until or unless you have a doctors note stating he/she advised these drugs to help your insomnia. Also a list of the specific ingredients need to be taken with you on the test day. This will not change the outcome but will make your appeal on refusal stronger.
Also if you have ever had Hepititis C, received treatment and are now clear you will still show antibodies in your system, which will at first seem like you have Hep C. Although you are recovered you will be refused unless you can appeal with a letter of the treatment received, dates and date of recovery.
you will be best to have all this in the country as delay will cause,,, well, you know, files missing etc.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
when i went for my test years ago i stated loud and clear i am full of dramamine because of my travel sickness. it was duly noted by a doctora who does short interviews with people. i do not know if they still have a short test as the part of medical: they asked about family health problems, weight and so on.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Yes they still do have the short interview, do you smoke, do you drink, do you drink coffee, do you know your blood type, do you have scars or tattoos, do you have any medical conditions, do you take any medications, etc.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Yes the per test quiz and signature takes 40 seconds. This is at the point that you are warned if they do test you (I believe much of this is random, as for random hep C) and unless your doctor advised you and you can prove it then there will be issues. There are absolutely no issues with prescription drugs, it is over the counter without prescription containing ingredients used in illegal drugs. I presume many of these are used in the drugs world as bumph, for weight and they know what they are. Anyway, save yourself the hassle and be prepared. Up until recently they would not accept appeals, you were refused and that's that, so at least it's moving forward.
i know a story about a woman with two kids, property and married who was some years ago refused as she had no proof that she had recovered from hep c.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I had the hepatitis vaccine a few years ago. This prevents me from giving blood as in the pre donatinon test I appear to have Hepatitis. I sailed through the Dominican residency blood exam without incident. Another example of how things here may be different every time depending!!!!!! The physical exam was a joke. A dead man could pass.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I don't understand how your residency could be passed without giving blood, everyone has to, hep c treatment or not. Interesting!

they have to do a specific test as like you say, it looks like you have it, but I don't see why you wouldn't have to do it.