Hello everyone

roymustang9

Nov 6, 2012
Hi,

My name is Roy, and I am 26. I will be moving to the DR later this month, and will be there for a year on business. I am thinking about living in Districto Nacional, considering that the public transport is better and will be easier to get around. My nationality is Indian, but that should hardly matter, considering I lived the last 6 years in the US. What I am looking for, is other English speaking people around my age to hang out with. Or, atleast someone who can teach me Espanol.

If anyone has any other city they would like to recommend, I would be open to relocating, since most of my work is done remotely. Also, how are the internet connections like?

My company will be paying a fixed dollar amount for health insurance. Is there some plan that the forum recommends, or is the healthcare affordable enough?

Also, what does non-A1 mean?

brittjohnsonn

Banned
Nov 5, 2012
Hello everybody
My name is Britt and I am a Marketing Manager of a textile exporters firm.I need help If you open my website there is a malware error how i can remove this.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonytuga

Oct 16, 2012
Hi roy

Welcome aboard, sorry but I can't help you with your questions, because i don't live there (but I intend to lol), you'll have to wait for the others forum members to elucidate you.
Have a good time on the island

JT

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Hi,

My name is Roy, and I am 26. I will be moving to the DR later this month, and will be there for a year on business. I am thinking about living in Districto Nacional, considering that the public transport is better and will be easier to get around. My nationality is Indian, but that should hardly matter, considering I lived the last 6 years in the US. What I am looking for, is other English speaking people around my age to hang out with. Or, atleast someone who can teach me Espanol.

If anyone has any other city they would like to recommend, I would be open to relocating, since most of my work is done remotely. Also, how are the internet connections like?

My company will be paying a fixed dollar amount for health insurance. Is there some plan that the forum recommends, or is the healthcare affordable enough?

Also, what does non-A1 mean?

Sup roy, I'm tom, I might be one of the only full time DR resident/citizens on the forum around your age, I'm 26 also. I currently live in Cabarete (north coast) but I am moving to Santiago next month. I've hung out with some of the dudes on this forum and most of them are cool as ****. Um.. most people say only to live in Santo Domingo if you HAVE to, business wise or employment. Santiago is a happy medium between the capital and the north coast. North coast living is better tailored toward retired people with lots of money to blow, lots of people waiting to take advantage of rich foreigners up here. Also, the north coast has the lowest quality internet connections of the 3 places, I have to pay like 260$ US for a 10mb download internet connection here that is inconsistent, I'm sure Santiago or the capital will not be anywhere near these prices.

Since we don't have healthcare I won't be able to comment on that part.

roymustang9

Nov 6, 2012
Sup roy, I'm tom, I might be one of the only full time DR resident/citizens on the forum around your age, I'm 26 also. I currently live in Cabarete (north coast) but I am moving to Santiago next month. I've hung out with some of the dudes on this forum and most of them are cool as ****. Um.. most people say only to live in Santo Domingo if you HAVE to, business wise or employment. Santiago is a happy medium between the capital and the north coast. North coast living is better tailored toward retired people with lots of money to blow, lots of people waiting to take advantage of rich foreigners up here. Also, the north coast has the lowest quality internet connections of the 3 places, I have to pay like 260$ US for a 10mb download internet connection here that is inconsistent, I'm sure Santiago or the capital will not be anywhere near these prices.

Since we don't have healthcare I won't be able to comment on that part.

Thanks Tom, the only reason I am living in Santo Domingo/Districto nacional is because I have one friend who lives there. But, I dont think he will be available to hang out all the time, considering he is a married man who lives with his parents. Also, I have heard that the public transport is pretty bad, and the process for getting a Drivers license is pretty complicated for an expatriate. Is the public transport in Santiago much better?

Internet connection is critical for my work, I need to remote in to do my work, else I will be stranded. Are there any ISPs you would recommend? I have heard Claro is pretty good.