All-inclusive package deals with only partial hotel nights

drexvil

Nov 7, 2012
Hi, I would like to book an all-inclusive flight + hotel, but would only like the hotel for part of the trip. We'd like to take a few extra days to rent a car and tour the country. Is that possible?

All the online bookers seem to have the return flight on the same date as the hotel checkout. Only Orbitz has this option but the prices aren't the best.

I tried quoting the flight and all-inclusive hotel separately, but it was more $$$ too, and I still have to get from the airport to the resort.

What's a cheapo to do?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
While in a package deal you are basically paying the flight and for the hotel maybe 10 or 15 dollars a night I would just pay a package of X days and leave the resort for a few days, making sure to be back on the check out date to do the transfer from the hotel.

Buying separately will always be (much) more expensive.

drexvil

Nov 7, 2012
TUL514: I'm coming from NYC.

Mauricio: We would like to go to Santo Domingo for a few days, where the departure flight leaves from. You have a good point, but the taxi costs btw the capital and SDQ will certainly drive up costs. Oh well..

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
Expedia and Hotels.com both have a place where you can indicate that you only need the hotel for a portion of the trip.