Iberostar Dominacana/Punta Cana

B

Big John

Great beach, good rooms, great grounds ,but the food is in my opinion very poor. We had hot dog & chiken shishkabobs,also hot dog & fish shishkabobs, also hotdog & beef shishkabobs, and even hot dog & pork shishkabobs, they used soo much oil to cook some people got sick from what we think was too much oil in the food & even more got sick and had to have antibiotics to kill what ever got into them!!!!!!!!!!! We went for about 18 hours without toilet paper in the room, I called down to the front desk twice & was told they'd send it right up, never came until the next day and by that time I'd went out & found my own !!!!!! I wouldn't go back to this resort, but the Dominican Republic Maybe .

M

Marleen

My husband and I are going to Punta Cana in March. We are staying at the Iberostar Bavaro. Did you get over to it or did you talk to any one that stayed there. If so, I would like to know if the food was any better there. Was there a Catholic mass on the property? Was there any toplessness on the beach? I hope the Bavaro is better than the Dominacana. If it is not I will have to shoot my travel agent. She was there and her only complaint was the orange be spreads. Have you tried Purto Vallarta, Mexico? I really liked it there. Better luck on your next trip and thanks for any additional info you can give me.

C

caroline

Beach is very nice. Food was not that great, mainly buffet style. Our whole family got sick (of 4). Service was slow comparing to other resorts we stayed in DR. Landscaping was very beautiful. Lots of places to walk. There was some toplessnes on the beach. No Catholic mass to the best my knowledge. Evening shows. Lots of Germans, some French and a few Canadians, virtually no Americans. Staff could speak better German than English. After all said if asked, I would go back there anytime just for there flavor and landscaping.

Caroline