Juan Dolio

Rico K.

May 11, 2009
www.juandolio.info
Juan Dolio Info

Update: Yesterday the Indomina Group finished filming scenes for the horror movie “Cabin Fever 3: Patient Zero" at the Punta Garza of Juan Dolio Beach.

Rico K.

May 11, 2009
www.juandolio.info
Due to lack of employment, mainly caused by the closing of almost all former beach resorts in the area and their conversion into overpriced properties by numerous real estate speculators and the resulting rise of living costs, during the last decade Juan Dolio has lost almost one third of its population...

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Of the population in 2010 of 14,592 only around 4000 were able to vote. The rest were Dominicans who were registered to vote elsewhere (a minority) or foreigners including Haitians.

Matilda

whiskylee

May 13, 2007
There was talk of the Cappela being sold when we were there in Feb. Every year we vist less, the cost keeps going up for flights/Accomadation etc etc. I keep thinking that after 6 years of non stop construction of ocean fronted apartments Juan Dolio would come to life ! The realality, it is like a gohst town.

Rico K.

May 11, 2009
www.juandolio.info
Of the population in 2010 of 14,592 only around 4000 were able to vote. The rest were Dominicans who were registered to vote elsewhere (a minority) or foreigners including Haitians.
More then 40% of the population in the municipality Guayacanes are minors and not eligible to vote... ;)

Population by country of birth:

Rico K.

May 11, 2009
www.juandolio.info
There was talk of the Cappela being sold when we were there in Feb. Every year we vist less, the cost keeps going up for flights/Accomadation etc etc. I keep thinking that after 6 years of non stop construction of ocean fronted apartments Juan Dolio would come to life ! The realality, it is like a gohst town.
I heard the rumour that the Capella is already sold to the Metro Group and that they are planning to shut the hotel down to build more beachfront apartments on the lot...

whiskylee

May 13, 2007
I heard the rumour that the Capella is already sold to the Metro Group and that they are planning to shut the hotel down to build more beachfront apartments on the lot...

The Capella is well overdue a re model, It is clear to see there has been no investment over the last 10 years, We will be sad to see it go and also a big hit for the employees who mostly live in San Pedro.

WOW more apartments to built on the grounds !!!!