Nice spot in Nagua for lunch

Dec 26, 2011
Looking for a nice spot in Nagua for lunch. Nothing too formal required. Some good seafood and a pleasant view.

Any recommendations?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Don't worry about 'formal'.... Nagua is quite 'rural', large agricultural contingent.

Your best chance , IMO, will be on the east/south side of town, the side towards the toll road.
There is a beach there for your view.

Another option would be to 'take out'.... get your food and sit by the beach.
That view will be good.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I haven't been for years, so maybe it's not even there but comedor Chen is where we would usually stop en route to Saman?. Seafood and close to the sea, IIRC.

Dec 26, 2011
Don't worry about 'formal'.... Nagua is quite 'rural', large agricultural contingent.

Your best chance , IMO, will be on the east/south side of town, the side towards the toll road.
There is a beach there for your view.

Another option would be to 'take out'.... get your food and sit by the beach.
That view will be good.

Thank you, William. That's exactly the area I had in mind. But do you know of anything specific as far as an eatery goes right around there?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Chiri has said 'Chen'... its not ON the beach but near enough.

Personally, we buy the roadside fare (costillas, pollo) across from the ISLA at the toll road and a beer then stop wherever we want along the beach.
In Nagua proper, there are little cabanas on the beach w/ chairs or any of the other beautiful beaches along the route.

It truly is a great stretch for empty beaches.

I have no specific suggestions other than that..... there are places that seem to open and close with much frequency..... more closed than open, so its hard to give good advice

Dec 26, 2011
Chiri has said 'Chen'... its not ON the beach but near enough.

Personally, we buy the roadside fare (costillas, pollo) across from the ISLA at the toll road and a beer then stop wherever we want along the beach.
In Nagua proper, there are little cabanas on the beach w/ chairs or any of the other beautiful beaches along the route.

It truly is a great stretch for empty beaches.

I have no specific suggestions other than that..... there are places that seem to open and close with much frequency..... more closed than open, so its hard to give good advice

You've gone above and beyond, sir. Given me some great options. And, yes, the beaches along that stretch are amazing.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Looking for a nice spot in Nagua for lunch. Nothing too formal required. Some good seafood and a pleasant view. Any recommendations?

Leaving Nagua to the east, just after the bridge (approx. 500m) on your right, there is a restaurant. I was told it is quite good. Beach is on the other side of the road.
Two good restaurants in Matancita (both on the left going east), I prefer the second one.

donP

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Comedor Hernandez on the beach at Matancita.
It fronts the road but it's open to the beach at the back through a stand of palm trees. Don't sit at the front if you can help it but enjoy the fresh air beachy thing at the back.

Place is basic in decor and furnishings, friendly and helpful staff and good fish/seafood Dominican style and it's easy on the pocket. plenty of parking at the side.

Was last there with friends a couple of months ago......