Oh no 2 jewelry shops closed in POP, need another one

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Went to both shops to have some jewelry repaired for my wife and one is gone, the other is going out of business and not taking any more orders. Both of these shops did very good work for a fair price. Please let me know if you know of a repair place in POP. thanks Phil

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Sorry don't know the names, one is a block off the beach, just before TamTam's. The other one is at the top of the hill on your left as you leave downtown POP.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
There is an excellent repair service on Calle Beller which is on the left side about 100 yards before you reach the Metro Station. Sorry I do not recall the name, however it has a large retail space which is seen from the road.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is an excellent repair service on Calle Beller which is on the left side about 100 yards before you reach the Metro Station. Sorry I do not recall the name, however it has a large retail space which is seen from the road.

Yes, this place can do it all. From 10 dollar watches to $5,000 jewelry or more. Very professional, and they have every kind of watch battery known to man. I don't remember the name either though.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007

Yea this is one that is closing. Yesterday they only had 2 people working in the back. All of the jewelry cases against the wall are empty and not a lot in the remaining cases. The guy behind the counter couldn't be bothered to help me. I asked if they were closing for good and he just walked away. The older man was not there.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Yea this is one that is closing. Yesterday they only had 2 people working in the back. All of the jewelry cases against the wall are empty and not a lot in the remaining cases. The guy behind the counter couldn't be bothered to help me. I asked if they were closing for good and he just walked away. The older man was not there.

You may be right on this. The owner died less than a year ago. He is the one in the oil painting on your right facing the back of the store. They employ a lot of people, as least they did when he was there.

Jan 22, 2010
each gif shop that sells jewelry will repair the stuff
but indeed Joyeria Soler at Beller street is one of the best also Polo's Jewel Store ay Jose del Carmen ariza street will help you(located in between Malecon and Clinic Mejia)

T.E.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
I feel the same way the two jewellry stores that I used to go to in Sosua have closed as well. I have to find some where else to get my jewellry now

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Harrisons was overpriced crap puhlease!
Is Patrick's closed, at least he sold real silver.