Im on my way!

RProch

Nov 17, 2012
Hello!
My name is Rachel Ballantine-Proch. My father is Michael Ballantine, owner of Jamaca de Dios in Jarabacoa and my mother, Lisa Ballantine, runs Filter Pure Filters International. My husband and son and I are moving back to Jarabacoa in March. I am finishing up nursing school this month and will be working in public health when I move. I will be doing childbirth education, prenatal care and lactation consulting in some of the surrounding communities. Jamaca de Dios is going to beginning construction of a hotel and my husband is going to be working as project manager of some of such projects. I have been reading some of the posts and am just so excited to be coming back! Just wanted to say hello!

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Hello!
My name is Rachel Ballantine-Proch. My father is Michael Ballantine, owner of Jamaca de Dios in Jarabacoa and my mother, Lisa Ballantine, runs Filter Pure Filters International. My husband and son and I are moving back to Jarabacoa in March. I am finishing up nursing school this month and will be working in public health when I move. I will be doing childbirth education, prenatal care and lactation consulting in some of the surrounding communities. Jamaca de Dios is going to beginning construction of a hotel and my husband is going to be working as project manager of some of such projects. I have been reading some of the posts and am just so excited to be coming back! Just wanted to say hello!

Hey, I've met Lisa! I was volunteering for a safe water project and we got to use some Aquapure filters. Are the filters still called that?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You had best get in contact with Shalena King, who is working in Santiago and San Francisco de Macoris in the same areas. You really need to talk.

Welcome Back.

HB

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Welcome, let us know when the 1st annual DR1 Jarabacoa get together is.

RProch

Nov 17, 2012
Agualita29, The filters are still AguaPure. This is the Dominican Organization and FilterPure is the international organization... same filters though. FilterPure is also in Haiti. That is great! I hope you liked the filters... they are a lifesaver... literally!

Hillbilly, I am trying to get in contact with Shalena... she is pretty busy right now it seems though. hopefully soon we will be in touch! I am thrilled that there is someone else already pioneering in this area! I am also planning on getting my masters in midwifery in the next few years.

Luperon, a DR1 get-together at Aroma de la Montana is DEFINITELY in order!!!!