Residence visa needed to renew permanent residency?

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
So now aside from all the other confusing information about the new residency requirements, I've been hearing another thing that has me concerned:

I will need to apply for a residence visa at the Dominican Consulate in my home country in order to enter the Dominican Republic to renew my permanent residency. (Note: I would be entering the Dominican Republic before my permanent residency permit expires).

Can someone please confirm whether this is true or explain if I'll really need to do this? Thank you!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
So now aside from all the other confusing information about the new residency requirements, I've been hearing another thing that has me concerned:

I will need to apply for a residence visa at the Dominican Consulate in my home country in order to enter the Dominican Republic to renew my permanent residency. (Note: I would be entering the Dominican Republic before my permanent residency permit expires)
Can someone please confirm whether this is true or explain if I'll really need to do this? Thank you!
Based on my recent experience, no. All can be done from here.

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
BUT....you will have to redo the medical exam, provide a letter of guarantee, etc....prior to renewing your current permanent residency.