For my future daughter

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
A video by Robert Lizardo and Francisco Mont?s
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/umP-SUJ0Mx4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Translation:
Hello daughter! Although you don?t exist [yet], I?m going to be your dad and I?d like to give you a present.

Someone you don?t know and will never meet, somebody?s son, died among a group of people who were protesting for their rights. Although I didn?t know him, I couldn?t stop thinking of his parents and their pain? and although I don?t know you, I thought of you and the pain I would have felt if he had been you. But I also thought about the people who govern us? Do they have families? Do they have children, friends, or parents? The answer is yes? What I don?t know is when they stopped having feelings for the people around them. How can they sleep soundly knowing that their bed cost several families their dreams? How can they travel with so many privileges, at the expense of a nation that emigrates in small boats or ?yolas? only to drown at sea? How can they go to a fancy restaurant to spend the taxes of a nation that can?t always afford to pay for food? How much did the car they drive cost them? Maybe the agony of a penniless parent in hospital?
It?s so sad to think that these people stopped feeling like human beings? But telling you about all this is not what my gift is about. I?m here to tell you about hope. That?s why I want to show you the most beautiful images in the world. People who don?t know you or me, but who are fighting for you to have a better place to live, in the same way as our national heroes did in their time. The capacity for loving their neighbours and for loving people who are still not part of this world, like you, is still present here

These images are the gift I have for you. Photos that show love and human awareness of others? the things that our politicians have lost, but that one day I hope they can recover.

The homeland doesn?t exist
Without love between its children.
Antonio Maura

Song:
QUIEN NO SABE DE AMOR NO SABE NADA
Whoever doesn?t know about love doesn?t know anything