hello all

teufel

Nov 21, 2012
hello every1 im european who living in dominican rep. and im new in forum.:squareeye

teufel

Nov 21, 2012
Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of BEER and taste. I've been around for a long, long year...
nice to meet ya the man of beer and taste :) i've been here since 2 years and looks like im going to stay for long long years too even if i dont want 2.. btw we have common nick names even if its in another languages :)

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Hi teufel and Welcome to this great site. So, what part of DR do you live in? Im sure you will love this site, and please offer up your experience living in the DR:bunny:

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Willkommen!

I don't live in the D.R. yet, but been around DR1 forever. I do visit D.R. often.

teufel

Nov 21, 2012
Hi teufel and Welcome to this great site. So, what part of DR do you live in? Im sure you will love this site, and please offer up your experience living in the DR:bunny:
im living in santo domingo, bella vista and theres not much to share becuz im not outgoing however i think the country is reaaly really dangerous to live and very bad traffic tho' and first week i rent a home i paid 2 haitians to help me move the refre up in apartament and while they leave they stole my blackberry and ran away lol another thing i hate about the country the word " manana " when i buy something and ask them when they going to bring the product i buy they say manana or when i made contract for internet and i ask when they going to install the modem they say manana but this manana never comes every day i call they say manana and i'd wait 3 months for claro to install one modem the good part is they charged me 3 months of bills in total of 10,000 pesos for the internet i couldnt use... another thing this country made me lazy because for 100 peso you can find somebody to do the work for you they carry your things they go the place and do the thins for you if you buy something from ikea or some shop like that someone someone install the thing or fix the broken things and so on, so now i dont want to do anything since i can pay 100peso and some1 else does it for me which made me quite lazy tho'.. and the other thing im man with blond hair and green eyez so when i go some places where are only blacks and browns they all staring at me and i feel kinda unconfortable like im an alien.. i have house maid that she cooks rice and beans all the days even in breakfast thats also i find weird. and in small shops like markets which they call cormado they are playing dominos out loud, they fight each others with rocks and machetes and after 2 hours they start playing together again, and in these places they are drinking and dancing untill the morning. another thing i hate when i stop in red lights some kids (even if i washed my car) trows some kind of dirty fabric on my front glass and after they make my clean glasses dirty asking for money. i have alot of things to say but lets keep it for later :) still i liked the country so far

jonytuga

Oct 16, 2012
Bem vindo "diablo" to the forum Dr1, thank you for sharing some of your experience in Sto. Domingo:cool:
JT

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
im living in santo domingo, bella vista and theres not much to share becuz im not outgoing however i think the country is reaaly really dangerous to live and very bad traffic tho' and first week i rent a home i paid 2 haitians to help me move the refre up in apartament and while they leave they stole my blackberry and ran away lol another thing i hate about the country the word " manana " when i buy something and ask them when they going to bring the product i buy they say manana or when i made contract for internet and i ask when they going to install the modem they say manana but this manana never comes every day i call they say manana and i'd wait 3 months for claro to install one modem the good part is they charged me 3 months of bills in total of 10,000 pesos for the internet i couldnt use... another thing this country made me lazy because for 100 peso you can find somebody to do the work for you they carry your things they go the place and do the thins for you if you buy something from ikea or some shop like that someone someone install the thing or fix the broken things and so on, so now i dont want to do anything since i can pay 100peso and some1 else does it for me which made me quite lazy tho'.. and the other thing im man with blond hair and green eyez so when i go some places where are only blacks and browns they all staring at me and i feel kinda unconfortable like im an alien.. i have house maid that she cooks rice and beans all the days even in breakfast thats also i find weird. and in small shops like markets which they call cormado they are playing dominos out loud, they fight each others with rocks and machetes and after 2 hours they start playing together again, and in these places they are drinking and dancing untill the morning. another thing i hate when i stop in red lights some kids (even if i washed my car) trows some kind of dirty fabric on my front glass and after they make my clean glasses dirty asking for money. i have alot of things to say but lets keep it for later :) still i liked the country so far

Are you serious?
This is hilarious :)

Are you in DR for work or what?

Next time you want to go somewhere where there are many people of "blacks and browns", give me a call. I will come to Santo Domingo and we can go together, you hold my hand, and they will still stare at you but this time it'll be for a good reason, you lucky SOB.

:) I'm sure this is a joke

SHALENA

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Are you serious?

Next time you want to go somewhere where there are many people of "blacks and browns", give me a call. I will come to Santo Domingo and we can go together, you hold my hand, and they will still stare at you but this time it'll be for a good reason, you lucky SOB.

SHALENA

I have the same problem, they always stare at me, can I call also for you to hold my hand? ;)

rdelc

Jan 18, 2012
Are you serious?

SHALENA

Same happens to me Shalena. And I'm so very much afraid. May I call you, too? Please help me!

teufel

Nov 21, 2012
Are you serious?

SHALENA

yep shalena im here for work, my company sent me here and i've been around like almost 2 years,
thanks but i cannot accept that hold hand things, for now they are just staring but if i hold some1's hand i think they m8 do even worse things to take the hands that i hold :)

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
Manana means in Spanish NOT tomorrow, its means NOT TODAY but sometimes in the future

Frankhilton

Nov 18, 2012
Hello to all.
It is good to be here for the discussion and information purposes.So i hope that being a newbie i will be welcomed here.