No power in Cabarete today - any info?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I understand that there has not been any power all day in Cabarete, including the 24/7 line.

Anybody have information on when power will be back?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Sorry I don't know Windeguy. Being mainly solar I don't know anymore execpt for a few hours when we use them. I did notice that Los Charamicos and Sosua Abajo were out this morning, 9AM?, while driving to POP. Sousa steet light, at the bus station, working again when we returned around noon but Los Charamicos and Sosua Abajo lights still not.

I did NOT see any work being done on that drive.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
power was out for a while this morning (just as i loaded up the washing machine of course!) but has been back most of the afternoon.

But the 24/7 line was out you say? I heard people on that scheme were selling their invertors...a little prematurely maybe :)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
From what was just published by the VP of CDEEE, I would not be selling off inverter systems at this time no matter the circuit you are on.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
The power outage was due to an old electric pole that snapped in half in front of our building in Playa Encuentro. It is amazing that there is only one line from Sosua (or probably Puerto Plata) all the way to Sabaneta (or beyond). They had two crane trucks and a dozen or so guys working here until it was fixed, around 6:00 pm yesterday...they did a typical "Dominican" job replacing the pole...leaving the main transformer and several cables on the old broken pole and crossing two of the main power lines from the new pole to the next pole in the line towards Cabarete. Oh...and they smashed our water main pipes while putting in the new pole, even though they were warned by our watchie where our pipes were...they did fix it though...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The power outage was due to an old electric pole that snapped in half in front of our building in Playa Encuentro. It is amazing that there is only one line from Sosua (or probably Puerto Plata) all the way to Sabaneta (or beyond). They had two crane trucks and a dozen or so guys working here until it was fixed, around 6:00 pm yesterday...they did a typical "Dominican" job replacing the pole...leaving the main transformer and several cables on the old broken pole and crossing two of the main power lines from the new pole to the next pole in the line towards Cabarete. Oh...and they smashed our water main pipes while putting in the new pole, even though they were warned by our watchie where our pipes were...they did fix it though...

Was this along the main highway or actually down close to Encuentro?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Bella Vista SD best reliable "A" circuit lol. Power went out at 3 am last night and now 12 hours later still nada.

Country must be bankrupt! Sure doesnt reflect in my high monthly bills.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Along the main highway...between Val Mare and Coconut Palms...the main line comes up onto the street parallel to the highway and returns after the entrance to Coconut palms/Playa Encuentro