long blackout costambar

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no power since 2pm. and very s**tty power lately anyways, last night it only came back for about four hours, another four hours during the day. i feel our inversor may be close to losing it. i know i am :)
boiling water for washing now. no way i take a cold shower with this rain :)

anyone knows what's up? or rather, what's down? blown transformer? some ladronorte works? what about other parts of the city?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Ours was out in Playa Chiquita for about 3 hours last evening and we have other blackouts this past month.

Are we seeing a trend? Threads concerning power being out are becoming the norm. People with "blown" equipment may have had dirty power or spikes that have caused the blown item or failed breaker.

Windeguy posted this article:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/government/128625-power-companies-blackouts-aim-hush-lush-contracts.html

Starting to look like pre 2002 power levels? Stock up on candles, jig saw puzzels and playing cards.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
The Costambar power outtages are designed to make me look like an idiot since I had just explained to a friend on Thanksgiving about how regular and predictable the outtages were...and they were for many months. From my narrow perspective, it does seem ironic that contract negotiations and outtages coincide. On the other hand, the rain and thunderstorms have been pretty severe lately, too! If everything worked at once (cable tv, phone, electric, etc), I'd get spoiled, I'm sure.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we are on the same boat here, judy. i was explaining my visitors how the occasional lack of power is not a problem and they ended up washing in ice cold water half of the time because the water heater cannot be hooked to the inversor :)
this might have been the reason they decided to take revenge on me by "forgetting" to throw toilet paper into the bin and blocking the loo :) :p

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and guess what, power went off again :)
i think i am going to shower first :)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ours was out in Playa Chiquita for about 3 hours last evening and we have other blackouts this past month.

Are we seeing a trend? Threads concerning power being out are becoming the norm. People with "blown" equipment may have had dirty power or spikes that have caused the blown item or failed breaker.

Windeguy posted this article:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/government/128625-power-companies-blackouts-aim-hush-lush-contracts.html

Starting to look like pre 2002 power levels? Stock up on candles, jig saw puzzels and playing cards.

Yes it is getting worse. I don't see how it can get better since the government does not have the balls to make people pay for the power they use and they just keep digging a deeper hole. Now it is a pi$$ing contest between CDEEE and the generators and we are the ones that end up getting wet.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
this might have been the reason they decided to take revenge on me by "forgetting" to throw toilet paper into the bin and blocking the loo :) :p

Toilet paper won't block the loo if you teach them to "flush" after each use....... :smoke:

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
On DR1 news today.

Power outages to get worse
The State Electricity Companies (CDEEE) has announced via Twitter that the national electricity system is faced with a difficult situation at the moment as several generators are out of service.

Customers on B circuits will be off for five hours a day and those on C and D will be off twice a day for six hours each time, and even consumers on 24-hour circuits will have their power cut off for four hours daily.

CDEEE: servicio el?ctrico nacional presenta dif?cil situaci?n por salida de plantas generadoras - Hoy Digital

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
dv8 must be cursed!

No power.
No hot water.
Can't take a shower.
Guest eat to much.
Guest use to much poo poo paper.
Guest flush poo poo paper and block loo.

I just counted and surprised myself that we have 10 toilets on our property. We have had 12 or more people staying with us at a time plus the help using the facilities too. I've only had to get the plunger out twice in 10 years and everything flushes fine including the paper. I don't want to monitor my guests toilet habits. And most of them feed themselves so I don't care.

Hot Water? LPG on demand HWH? Solar? Put the elec. on a timer and add to your battery/inverter?

Electrical. More batteries? Generator? Solar?

Next you will be talking about how bad the roads are in your area. LOL.

Just kidding you dv8.

OH... looks like more rain coming in. My Dunder Dogs reported to me that they heard thunder over your way. Dang.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am cursed. there is no power again. therefore no hot water. it's raining. and my friend's flight was cancelled so she's back raiding my fridge and blocking my toilet ;) :D :bunny:
only joking :)

checked edenorte website. our long powre cut yesterday was 9hrs 17min. the day before 8hrs 35min. and that's just the longest, there were shorter blackouts on both those days.

and i pay my monthly bill, you know. :tired:

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
i am cursed. There is no power again. Therefore no hot water. It's raining. And my friend's flight was cancelled so she's back raiding my fridge and blocking my toilet ;) :d

rofl....
.... and my Dunder Dogs have just raced into the house since they HATE the weather over your place.... and we sitting down to eat. (I have to think about this a little?)

Sorry dv8. You know the answers and just have solve it... other then.

Why the flight cxled?

:)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hot water is this little dominican luxury that seems to be a basic necessity back home :)

flight cancelled because the emergency slide does not work (thomson version) or there is an engine problem (airport staff version). they say the delay will last 24hrs. my friend peacefully updated her facebook status to stuck in the caribbean :)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
hot water is this little dominican luxury that seems to be a basic necessity back home :)

flight cancelled because the emergency slide does not work (thomson version) or there is an engine problem (airport staff version). they say the delay will last 24hrs. my friend peacefully updated her facebook status to stuck in the caribbean :)

ROFL.... hope your food, poo poo paper and loo holds up.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yeah. if this STUCK translates into any more toilet issues she'll be in real danger! ;)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
resurrecting this old thread to say it has been now 10 hours sans power. again. i am down to one bulb.
and the laptop.

inversor should hold on for a bit more but looks like no hot shower today. no shower, in fact, because i am not so keep on running water pump. or going outside to get water from the cistern in absolute pitch black :)

anyone in POP experiencing problems too?