More Tourist Police For Sosua

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
[h=5]Last Thursday November 29th at the Waterfront restaurant a members meeting of the ADSS was held. This association is engaged in the development of Sos?a. The Chairman opened the meeting with a word of welcome and especially for mayor Ilana Neumann, who was present as a listener. Then he started with a list of the various activities established under the auspices of ADSS: the painting by students of barrels, the musical Chicago, cleaning the beach, river cleaning and organizing a cycling race. Next Juan Perdomo did a report of the visit of the board to the capital where they met with several Government officials to discuss the concerns of the beach resort. One of the concerns is the massive decline in tourist numbers at the north coast since 2001. That number has since 2001 dropped by 70%![/h] [h=5]Juan Perdomo[/h]
[h=5]Members meeting ADSS Association[/h] [h=5]But Guido Perdomo was very positive about the unannounced visit of the new President Danilo Medina to the north coast (Cabarete, Sos?a and Puerto Plata). It appeared that the President was aware of the problems and promised to take action. At the request of the commander of the tourist police (Politur) for 200 additional police officers, the president replied: No, you can not get 200! You will get 600 police men to ensure the safety of the tourists.
This was followed by a financial statement of the income and expenses of the association. If the association ADSS would like to proceed actively in the development of Sos?a, members should pay their dues more loyal. The meeting was attended by about 90 people.
The next meeting is scheduled for February 2013.[/h]

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
This is more great news for Sosua. Once the word gets out about the extra Police, people will be canceling their vacation plans in Aruba, the Caymans and Bermuda.The Mongers (like me) will have to travel to Tiajuana as Sosua will be a family destination second only to Disney World.

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This is more great news for Sosua. Once the word gets out about the extra Police, people will be canceling their vacation plans in Aruba, the Caymans and Bermuda.The Mongers (like me) will have to travel to Tiajuana as Sosua will be a family destination second only to Disney World.

You don't like the thought of having personal police protection?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I wasn't coming here in 2001. What was Pedro Clisante like at night back then? Not that it brought the downturn all by itself, but I'm sure it has an impact.

Sosua has nothing to offer families. I think they know that but don't know how to deal with it. What's in Sosua to attract families? The beach? You gotta have a little more then just a short stretch of sand. And you gotta be able to walk around downtown (with a family) at night. You gotta be able to walk on the beach (with your family) at night.

So other then the short beach, you got lodging and resturants. Lots of places have those.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I did hear a rumor that the businesses on PC are against closing the street to vehicular traffic. They feel it would reduce customers visiting the area. I agree since there is no parking lot sufficient for them to park and have a short walk in.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I did hear a rumor that the businesses on PC are against closing the street to vehicular traffic. They feel it would reduce customers visiting the area. I agree since there is no parking lot sufficient for them to park and have a short walk in.

More than a rumor. there was a thread on this recently. Trial supposed to start in January, I believe.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
More than a rumor. there was a thread on this recently. Trial supposed to start in January, I believe.

Understood Ken. The closure was not a rumor. What I mentioned is the rumor that many businesses do not want the closure to traffic and that the trial may not happen.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

Whatever Willy prefers will be the outcome of the Pedro Clisante pedestrian BLVD, do you not understand who "runs" Pedro Clisante nightlife?

Contrary to your beliefs, there is life beyond Sosua News.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Willy Won't or Will he?

[video=youtube;hmbEuRzlhIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmbEuRzlhIs[/video]

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Oh yes. The 'test" runs and new rules and then off rules are doing SO well. The new rule of being able to Park on BOTH sides of of the steet have worked well ... NOT.

Picked up my mail the other day and after I got home I found... not ONE BUT TWO GOOD SIDE SWIPES denting my car and I have to order a new tail light and trim. Fixing the dents is not worth it anymore.

EPS on Pedro Clisante is.... no more for us.

Ya Sosua.... you doing just great!