will house go?

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
It appears that the visa for the missus will finally come through, and she will be coming to live in Fl o/a Jan timeframe. Problem is, she's gone and bought a "house" in Dajabon, and says she's certain she'll be able to sell it once she leaves. Its your basic unfinished cinder block house, which I beleive has no running water to date. need an opinion as to her possibile chances of selling the thing.

gandolf50

Apr 17, 2011
Just as a reference I bought in Dajabon 1 year ago, 2 houses on a small lot for 80kp. The houses had running water but no real bathroom. For another 35k we installed a bathroom between the houses. We collect after electric and water are paid a little more then 4.500p monthly which helps support my girlfriends mother. Housing is cheap there, because its not very nice!

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I'm not overly concerned about the selling price, as she doesn't have much equity in the place. not sure how the loan situation with the banks work in the DR, but were she to walk away from the place owing the bank, what's the worst that could happen? Just speculating

Dec 26, 2011
I'm not overly concerned about the selling price, as she doesn't have much equity in the place. not sure how the loan situation with the banks work in the DR, but were she to walk away from the place owing the bank, what's the worst that could happen? Just speculating

It could adversely affect her future ability to borrow funds to build yet another "unfinished cinder block house with no running water".

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
" as she doesn't have much equity in the place"

what the heck
tell her to take that 25 $ hit and move on
Manu