Need Judge Services for simple Vow Renewal Ceremony

taprice1969

Dec 6, 2012
We are staying at the Majestic Elegance in Aug 2013 at an upgraded rate to include their "Elegance Club" . They want me to pay an additional 1200.00 USD for a 10 minute vow renewal ceremony for my husband and self when everything they include in their wedding package will not pertain to us.

Can anyone tell me how to locate a judge in Punta Cana to inquire about my own ceremony?? We are already legally married, have no guests, and no special requests, just a 10 minute simple ceremony with only the 2 of us on the beach.... any ideas please?
This is very impt on our 25th wedding anniversary as the Dominican is our second home, and I almost lost my husband recently. Please help!!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I thought vow renewals were symbolic. If you're already married I don't know what a local judge can do for you...

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Sounds like all you need is someone that's fluent in your language that can read whatever it is you want to share to one another and at most a photographer for the memories... I'd offer but I always cry at these types of ceremonies lol

taprice1969

Dec 6, 2012
You are correct, at the Majestic Elegance the "symballic" vow renewal is the same price as the wedding package. My husband and I both wanted the "ceremony", legal, symballic, or otherwise. It dosn't have to be legal as we are already married but do you have any idea who else would perform such a ceremony?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I'm 6 feet 6 inches tall, 280 lbs., I have a nice suit, put me up for a few days, (Nice Room, good food, and I don't drink)and I'll give you a nice speech, my "American" is good, just don't ask me to spell anything, and I'll look good in the pictures too!
Many of the ceremonies at wedding resorts were found to be "Bogus" a few years ago,and not even legal.
Sounds like this resort will be problematic!
Rev. CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C2wzwyfeG-k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>...............

Congrats and good luck!!!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Well...going from US$ 1200 to "no budget" is a little ambitious, don't you think?
You guys share a religion? or any other kind of gathering? that might make it easier as a starting point.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I will match the offer of CC, but am only 5'9" and 170lbs, so I eat less. I am also handsomer than CC, so will look better in the pics.

Just joking. Are you catholic, or another religion. Just find a priest, or a reverend working one of the local charities, and pay something towards the church or charity.

Good luck and happy vows.

BelgianK

taprice1969

Dec 6, 2012
I agree, thats why I'm here looking for suggestions, but "no budget" means I can't afford to put anyone up for a few days for a 10 mins ceremony. The resort is not problematic, its just their policy to book the judge, ect. based on my paying the 1200. fee for the wedding package. I understand this but can't afford to pay for a package that one, I already paid for in my room package, and two, won't use the extra's since its just the 2 of us and we are already married.

taprice1969

Dec 6, 2012
Thanks guys, and yes I am catholic, and a donation to a church is exacly what my budget can handle... now, anyone know how to find a priest in Punta Cana?

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
go to the front desk, and say iglesio?

Plenty of churches here, and will only cost you a couple of thousand pesos.

BelgianK

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I'm 6'2" 200 lbs. of muscle and better looking than both those guys. BUT, I drink and would probably flirt with the bride.
OK so much for the BS. Perhaps a DR member living in that area could help you find a local juez de paz (JP) who would do the ceremony for a few 100 pesos.

taprice1969

Dec 6, 2012
Okay Okay GUYS! Thanks!!

Okay so thanks to you all... now I know what I need... at least in this instance, lol... A JP or a Priest. Both affordable for what I am looking for. I guess it'll have to wait now until we get out there and hope I locate someone in time for the days we need. Unless anyone knows how to reach one or the other via email.

Keep me in mind if you come across anything that might help. And thanks again!!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Taprice, no idea where that resort is, as I am on the north coast, but pm Mike Fisher or Chirimoya, and they might get you into contact with one of those.

Good luck

BelgianK

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
What languages do you speak? Would be good to know...

If you want a catholic ceremony, chances are you'll probably have to go to the church as last time I spoke to a priest he mentioned they were no longer going to the hotels as this was creating some confusion as to the legality of the ceremonies. It's very possible this has changed once again but it's something to keep in mind. If you're interested in doing it in a church the one at the Punta Cana Village is very nice. Here's al link where you can see the picture in the top right corner:

G R U P O P U N T A C A N A - PUNTACANA VILLAGE
and here https://foursquare.com/v/capilla-nuestra-señora-de-punta-cana/4f99de05e4b02002ffaaea61

They post the contact number as the resort number 809-959-2262. You might want to give them a call to see...

taprice1969

Dec 6, 2012
"Taprice, no idea where that resort is, as I am on the north coast, but pm Mike Fisher or Chirimoya, and they might get you into contact with one of those."

This is who I was hoping for... on tripadvisor I was refered to leave a message here in hopes that one would get a hold of me.... THANKS AGAIN!!!!