dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you mean... like this...

15e8sh0.jpg

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Well, I only hope that doesn't open the doors for misuse of this "privilege"...

Then again, whatever, they already do what they want anyways :)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
So it is not just cows and horses that are butchered?

Seriously, I'm sue the police in many countries would like to be able to treat criminals committing violent crimes in the same way.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Evening, Here is the problem Who decides who dies? As Frank who I believe is a member of the NYPD can tell you so called "Death Squads" are a frequent topic of guys on the job but then it always returns to that fundamental question. Does anyone here actually have confidence not just here but anywhere that the Police can fairly enforce extrajudicial excutions?

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Good Evening, Here is the problem Who decides who dies? As Frank who I believe is a member of the NYPD can tell you so called "Death Squads" are a frequent topic of guys on the job but then it always returns to that fundamental question. Does anyone here actually have confidence not just here but anywhere that the Police can fairly enforce extrajudicial excutions?

I know ONE cop who can do it!!!

[video=youtube;itmNiTwHOsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itmNiTwHOsM[/video]

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

Apparently it is a fairly common occurrence here and no doubt a regular feature throughout history where there is a weak police force. The solution from my point of view is for one to know not where to go and with whom not to associate.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
That would be one way to deal with the crime problem. I say if caught in the act of shooting, stabbing, or assaulting someone with a dangerous instrument then go right ahead.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2012/12/6/46006/Deputies-urge-the-police-to-rub-out-criminals

Even though being raised a Catholic I could never turn the other cheek, you hit me once I hit you twice. Even though having grown up in Holland one of the most liberal countries in the world I'm an advocate for punishment that fits the crime, an eye for an eye. In my life time I've met people who were so evil they really did not deserve to live and the world would be a better place without them. Quite often here in the DR the police acts as the judge, jury and executioner. As Frank stated if a criminal is caught red handed and the police finishes him off, great!!. One low life less and by taking him out they saved society the costs of a trial and lodging a criminal for many years.
Good ridden I say, however placing such power, license to kill, in the hands of uneducated ignorant men running over with testosterone also has a reverse. Most police officers here come from humble background, off spring of people that were considered servants with few rights. Now this person has a gun, a badge, authority and the power to do so as he pleases, the power rush will make him believe that he's above the law. Instead of to protect and serve he becomes part of the problem, he wants a piece of the pie, he becomes greedy, living on a minimum salary, what do you expect? Examples of events involving law enforcement officers involved in crime we read about almost daily, it's nothing new. Many of us have experienced it ourselves.
Even though as stated I'm an advocate for an eye for an eye the above mentioned prohibits me to feel safe here, I can't trust the ones that are supposed to protect and serve me. :(

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
So simple a solution: enact the death penalty with due process on specially greased skids.
If you really want death squad policemen, at least do it the Nazi way and have them keep meticulous records.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
Disclaimer: I know Most won't like this, but here it goes!

Law enforcement couldn't and wouldn't please 100% of the people it serves.

Public execution of criminals has been a consented way of dealing with the undesirables. The justice system has never worked; any criminal could buy his away out of jail, now more than before though.

On the premise of the 95-5 rule, where 95% of Police executing benefit society as a whole; leaving 5% to injustice on innocent people, mistaken identity or whatever else one might want to think of, these public executions have been a tremendous success. I am not talking about police being thugs themselves. I am talking about the police deciding to kill someone based on the fact that something vicious was carried out by these criminals.

The DR is a country ruled by its law enforcement (Police, Army, Navy, marines, or whatever they are called).
This is why the executive branch has a tough time curtailing police's criminal activities.

I would rather have a country, ruled by its military and under its control, than having the chaotic society the DR people have.
Now, not only you have to fear the police, but also the increasing number of civilian criminals Preying on the rest of the population.

DR was not a country of bars on doors and windows ; when Dominicans only had the police to worry about.
Hence, Dominicans would only have to worry about the police if they wanted to do something illicit or against the so called institution of law. For the rest, police wasn't even an issue.

Do we have a police problem? Yes, we have always had it. :(
Are violent crime increasingly prevalent that must be curtailed?; most definitely.

Execution is the only way to deal with vicious characters that will never be part of a ruled society.

When Dominicans catch a thief what do they do? they want to kill him... So we are used to that.

For those that come from or have lived in 1st or 2nd world countries it might be a little difficult to understand the
the power given to the police, but it is what it is.

So, nothing that the police is doing is new. There are simply more means of recording their acts. Hence, the article: make sure you are not being recorded... :)

I would rather live with a 50% of police corruption, than fearing my next door neighbor breaking into my house and possibly killing me.

I would rather live with a corrupt police force than fearing walking on the streets.
I would rather live with a corrupt police force than fearing being robbed or killed
I would rather live with a corrupt police force than fearing being carjacked

You know what I mean ... :chinese:

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
What ever happened to the days of knee capping the low lifes so they can live in misery. Got one up in Palo Roto, Espaillat that just hobbles to the colmado every day crying in his beer. Was told back when he was theiving he was like a ninja. Now he is just grandma.

Dec 26, 2011
The police problem and the delinquency are just the two sides of the same coin.

They're symptomatic of a moral crisis. It's been said that the two pillars of morality are empathy and reciprocity.

Both concepts are in short supply in RD. Are Dominicans inherently amoral or immoral? Absolutely not. But the emboldened corruption at the top of the power structure down to the teenager that kills for $500 RD reveal a hard-heartedness and emotional disconnect.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Some advocating police brutality, and yet others calling for the death penalty... and they love the D.R.

With friends like that...

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I know someone here who has been the innocent victim of police brutality because the police wrongly thought they were guilty of something. I can tell you that encouraging the police to be judge and jury and hand out their own violent brand of justice as they see fit is not all it is cracked up to be. And anyone who thinks the police would limit their violence to those who are "caught red handed" is, in my opinion, deluded.