Translation Lawyer for School papers

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I finally got time in NYC to go get my kids' previous report cards "legalized" or whatever the hell they do that costs $80 a pop at the Dominican Consulate's office in NYC.
The school says now I have to have the documents translated and whatever else by a lawyer in Santiago "autorizado" by the Government to translate these documents.

Anyone know of a lawyer "autorizado" to translate documents for the Government. They are telling me that if the lawyer is not "autorizado", then when I get to the Capital they will deny my papers.

Any recommendations? The school only had the email for one person and he hasnt answered my emails.
THANKS

SHALENA

Feb 7, 2007
That would be a Judicial Translator (Interprete Judicial). You can open up yellow pages and you will find some. You are lucky because English-Spanish will be the most frequent combination you will find (and the least expensive).

You can also check out some of them here
Asociacin de Traductores e Intrpretes de la Repblica Dominicana - Miembros
http://www.livio.com/directorio/negocios-y-economia/traducciones-e-interpretes/
http://dedominicanos.com/Negocios_Dominicanos/Traducciones/
Arciniegas & Asociados Traductores Legales e Interpretes Judiciales - Home

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You can go to Nene Zouain. She is near the entrance to Don Pedro. Look for Nereyda Jorge de Zouain...
When you get here I can take you over there. Luisito also knows where it is, Her stamp carries the #1...she was the first Judicial Translator in the DR!!! Gotta know the right people..

HB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
You can go to Nene Zouain. She is near the entrance to Don Pedro. Look for Nereyda Jorge de Zouain...
When you get here I can take you over there. Luisito also knows where it is, Her stamp carries the #1...she was the first Judicial Translator in the DR!!! Gotta know the right people..

HB

Excellent! I will call you on Thursday morning!

SHALENA