Dominicans At Work

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
You know how hard it is to find a Dominican working? Kudos, good job!!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Not heard about that yet? ;)

High dynamic range imaging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think the pictures are like that on purpose, everybody can naturally... that is art.

Ken, please correct me if I am wrong.

You are right. Think of them as images rather than photos.

Some are HDR, others are not. But all have been worked on in post processing.[

To my eye they look better than if I just took photos with a point-and-shoot camera and posted them immediately.

But think of them as images rather than "pictures".

david_

Dec 8, 2012
Ken,

Beautiful photos!!! Post your other albums when you can. I'm thinking of upgrading my camera when I get closer to being down there full time, mostly just as a hobby. Photographing people is always the more interesting than say, landscape, but I never feel right taking a strangers photo. The "Buy My Shoes" lady looked either surprised or not really into it, still great shot.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Ken,

Beautiful photos!!! Post your other albums when you can. I'm thinking of upgrading my camera when I get closer to being down there full time, mostly just as a hobby. Photographing people is always the more interesting than say, landscape, but I never feel right taking a strangers photo. The "Buy My Shoes" lady looked either surprised or not really into it, still great shot.

Good observation about the shoe lady. She was my first and when she saw me taking her photo she was not pleased. I have made up with her sense. But I learned from that experience.

Some photos I just take and go on, like the guys with oranges in horse drawn wagons or the butcher. But when it is clear that I needed the cooperation of the subject, i will have asked permission and given him/her RD$75 or RD$100. That way I get a happy face and cooperation until I get the shot or shots that I want.

It is just a hobby with me, too. But it has become a fairly serious hobby, in other words I have gotten fussier about how the images look. The camera is part of it, but getting a good program or two or three to use in post processing is also important. By basic program is Photoshop Elements with some plugins to supplement it and a couple of programs for working with HDR photos (where you take 3 shots, one regular, one under exposed and one over exposed and put them together so you get the best of each in a single photo).

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I like the way you have processed some of the images. They look great. :)